Robin Hood

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

So, while Torchwood is generally hit or miss and overall disappointing I must admit I'm starting to watch the Robin Hood series. Except for noticing it coming up on torreents and seeing a sign on a bus I had heard nothing about it, so with no hype and expecting nothing I've been quite enjoying it. Keith Baron makes a very good and evil sherriff, and robin hood (jonas...thingie) is charasmatic enough as robin. I also like seeing gordon Kennedy as Little John.

Any opinions anyone?
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

It's quite good but nothing special. It does fall between too stools somewhat in trying to be serious and jokey at the same time. Not an easy thing to pull off. I agree that Keith Allen is great as the sheriff but I find Marian plastic and Robin drippy.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Like I said, from no hype I like it. I wouldn't rave about it, but I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on it. I actually liek the two leads, but there's soemthing about guy i don't like.

I must admit it has managed to surprise me twice, once this week with the end, and the few weeks ago one with Roy's mother

Edit: Eew, someone modded my OTness... I feel dirty
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Oh there's a new Robin Hood show? I hope it will come over soon. The old show from the 80s, Robin of Sherwood, is now finally out on DVD here, I bought the first box, and even after about 20 years, I still love it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's not in that league but I like it : )
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I used to fancy Judi Trott (Marion), even though she had to put up with the fact that both Michael Praed and Jason Connery were prettier than her...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just read some imdb stuff and it brings back memories...maybe I should hunt donw the DVDs
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah I've been watching Robin Hood since it started. It's pretty good. The Sheriff is a cool bad guy, 'cause he's kind of amusing. I keep thinking Guy of Gisbourne is like some clone of Sean Bean or something 'cause I swear they have the same voice (certainly the same accent) and it just seems weird. So yeah, it's pretty cool thus far :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, Gisborn really do. Maybe they wanted him and couldn't get him!