Kingdom of Loathing

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The island? not yet - I assumed it was unlocked much later, or by doing the adventure cruises. Which I am one or two away from my first bonus on!

Ok, cleaned out the crypt sides only to find the bonerdagon (sp meant) is beyond me right now...need to toughen up or perhaps swap weaponery and get my spooky protection on...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yes, the Bonerdragon is tough - probably the toughest mon I've met so far. You can beat the previous bosses in the Cyrpt by using the special item you find in their particular area...but the 'Dragon is on his own. He's a tough bastard :P.
And I can give you a hint on how to unlock the Mysterious Island of Mystery if you like...

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Nah, I'll figure it out. I would like to know how to put the ghuol egg in the terrarium, though, because I can't see any option to do that. It's just a food-making item to me.

Speaking of which, I did start cooking and mixing cocktails. That's fun stuff. Hunt for booze in the barrels and then pick up some fruit from the goblin menagerie, and it's drink city.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You need to fertilise the Ghuol Egg first...do you remember what I was trying to get hold of a while back (like, a couple of weeks ago)? I never got any to drop in the end, so I ended up buying it for about 3500 in either the Mall or the Flea Market (can't remember which)...that may sound like a lot but it was the cheapest I'd seen it - it's usually nearer to 5k :P.

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Ah, that shall be my chore tomorrow. I'm in the process of discovering food and cocktail combinations. It's a nice reprieve from the usual tedium of killing things.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, sometimes if you examine existing cocktails they tell you how to make it. Whiskey and soda being one that doens't even need that stretch of imagination! Oh, and you can spice up some thigns - I remember spicing up something rum-related once.

I assume you know the trick of fermenting vegetables to get fruit to get the schnapps aswell?

Also, skewers tend to be good on some meats. And normal wadded dough, a pie tray from the knob goblins, and you can make some nice stuff - so far lhic eye pie for me :D
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

I was wondering how to make those lihc eye pies. No, I'm afraid I don't know about fermenting veggies and fruit, but I'll try to figure it out. I did make a whiskey and cola, but for some reason my colas aren't showing up on my cocktail list. Perhaps I need whiskey?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Heh, pie tin plus wad of dough = pie crust
pie crust + eye = lihc eye pie!

Fermenting powder from the demon market then just cocktail with a fruit gives you a schnapps

I've neve found a way to combine colas, as you say they don't aoppar onthe list. However, I have advantced cocktailing asa disco bandit now, so see if that increases my ingredients list

whiskey and soda has been h easiest one i've made, from some whs=iskey and some soda water from the market :D
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Do either of you know how to make goat cheese from goat milk? It's unbelievably hard finding goat cheese, but I do have some milk and figured I could convert it.

Edit: I found all the cheese, but I'm still curious to know if someone has converted the milk.
Last edited by Tom Hatfield on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nah, still no idea if it's possible :(

I just made a roll in the hay! Using advanced cocktail crafting I can produce additional items - like the little umbrella necessary!

I just powered through and kept fighting and the goat's cheese sudden;y appaeared in a few drops afterwards
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, you get goat's cheese off the dairy goats. Have you managed to get an Angry Goat familiar yet? You need a couple of items with which to do it...I think I've got about eight familiars now...Mosquito, Barrrnacle, Levitating Potato, Howling Balloon Monkey, Angry Goat, Sabre-Toothed Lime, Rewinged Stab Bat, Origami Towel Crane, Ghuol Whelp...yeah that's it...eight familiars :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hey, I got the dingy from somewhere, and got access to the island! Hads me hippy disguise so can find a nice source of fruit

Loved the pirate bit where you judge the three pirates - cap'n jack, anot yet captain hook, and wesley aka dread pirate roberts, with a sneaky further link to robin hood - men in tights

Great stuff

also, got a piece of paper that lets me play a text based adventure! Except I can't figure out how to pight anythign in the hearth therefore cannot get a light for the cave :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ohh yeah the pirate-judging contest..I just knew they were gonna get a Pirates (of the Caribbean) reference in there somewhere...however I tend to vote for Bob (aka Roberts) as you get 100 meat for that one and I don't need any more eyepatches :).
The Strange Leaflet is given to you by the Council when you hit level nine...it's fun but there's a "point of no return", past which you can't go back to the previous parts of the quest - I missed a load of stuff out because of that :P. Oh well, I'll get it next time, after I've Ascended for the first time (however long that takes...I dinged 12 last night but still got a couple of previous Council quests to do...).

Post by Tom Hatfield »

I finished the text adventure on the first try. Can't remember what I got for it. I haven't found any planks to build a boat yet. I did finish the tr4pz0r quest, or whatever. Eh, got stuff to do today. Probably won't get around to this until late.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

heh, I remembered where the planks were instantly cause I'd bought them ages ago then dumped them - hermit cave :D

And weird, I'm still stuck on the text adventure. Maybe I'm using the wrong commands. Got the stick, sword and the letter, otherwise boucning between the cave outside and the house :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I can give you a hint if you like...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes please :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Okay, so you need some way to get a light, right?

You should have found a fire burning.

If you had the thing you needed in order to use the fire for what you want it for (I'm not saying whether you have this item though...work that one out for yourself ;)), then what would you do with that item while standing by the fire?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"You should have found a fire burning. "

Nope, I found an unlit fire!

Also, the interface seems to not like 'use x on y' - but I noticed it's quite finicity like that

for example, i've used go all the time, but then I think used an alternate reasonable command and it didn't know it!

I need sleep - and to not have left my india visa so late! Ah well, good thing I'll be in london in the last few days before flight...just need to go there stupidly early on monday monring to drop off my stuff I guess!

Still looking at crystal palace area for hotel stuff for the friday, hope I can get time to phone them up tomorrow

Still no idea for thuursday night - anyone know any good pubs or resteraunts where we could book a downstairs/closed off area to relax in for the evening?

Hard to nail down stuff, and the internet just gives too many options with not enough infoo for stuff like that without phoning everywhere - which i can't do with my last minute india stuff also looming :(

I've always heard camden is good, but london seems to be a place where you need to know what is god cause you've been there

Anyway, we'll figure it out, worry not people! Oh, I've ran out of time tonight - anyone else started mailing some of out other wayward members like PaulH and GG yet? Hope thye are both ok!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You don't have to use the "go" command...just type the letter of the direction you want to go - "n" for "north" etc. Works ni those kinds of RPGs generally anyway.
I'm sure I found a bonfire in the woods or something...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

hmm, maybe I'm not exploring right....

see, can't get passed the hedge - can't attack it with sword

can't break up chair/table and runb them...can't do anything with well house

Sure I'm mising something obvious!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hmm I seem to recall using the sword on the hedge...try "cut hedge", "chop hedge", or "use sword on hedge" or similar...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

use doens't seem to work, I will try cut etc

it's a little irritating, until you get the right word it just insults you!

or maybe I should get sleep now :(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

done it, foudn the ender's game referenced giants drink, and got the ring

temporarily stumped, bed now :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If you got the Giant Pinky Ring, you've finished the quest. Looks like you msised as much as I did, then - Don't worry, you can do it all again whenever you manage you first Ascension :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Why, what else was there? Or do you mean you can find other areas with the maze?

I got the house from the chest and that was it
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

That's what it was, a house.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ohh you got the house? Okay then...I missed that. I think I missed something else too but I can't remember what it was. Meh. I'll get it next time around.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Umm, that's all I found anyway - the chest in the cave with the snake as a house
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Some nice cocktails i discovered

gin + grapefruit = salty dog, + magical ice cubes = slap n tickle
vodka + olive = vodka martini + magical ice cubes = rockin' wagon
strawberrey + rum = strawberrey daquiri + ice cubes = perpendicular hula

All seemed to give 4 drunkenness (and of course lose 2 adventures) at a bonus of 11 - 14 adventures. Not too shabby!