MiniLauncher plug

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

MiniLauncher plug

Post by Tom Hatfield »

This is pretty much spam, since I'm advertising my own software, but as a long-standing member of the forum I'm hoping the community will grant me some tribunal privilege . . . also considering this is the first programming endeavor I've accomplished since that color-space converter.

One of my friends asked me (on behalf of his girlfriend) to write a little system tray utility for launching programs. It took about two days: one to do the necessary research, and another to put it all together and polish it up. The latest version includes a GUI for managing your program list. Check out the screenie.

Anyway, if it sounds like something you might want, you can get it from my web server (follow the link above and clip off the image portion . . . or just go here). If you're a VB6 programmer and want to look at the source, I can provide that separately.

In the future, if I can get icons to show up properly, I'll add those to the menu, and I also want to add another feature or two to the program manager. (You can see the command-line parameter option is disabled for now. I'll need to add an "import" feature when I implement that, so you don't lose your old data.)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

nice stuff if want to train yourself in programming... but all my games are launched this way : i've added a toolbar named "Games" refering to a directory "C:\Games" that contains only shortcuts.

i also use RocketDock + PNGfactory for a pretty unuseful but cool visual effect.. :)
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

What a simple and cool idea. Nice one. Adding the icons would make it more flashy, eh?
mikko
Craftsman

Post by mikko »

To me this and all similar programs look just like.. um.. the Start menu. So I don't see the point.