Gigglers

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
pondpaul
Neophyte

Gigglers

Post by pondpaul »

I am done to level 12 now but probably going to be difficult as the gigglers nicked my shields on the 8th floor

is there a way to find them again as the shield the skeletons leave are probably not :( good now.

paul
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Gigglers

Post by Gambit37 »

It has been discovered that shields don't actually make any difference, other than looking good, so I wouldn't worry about it :-)
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

you can sleep(very short intervals)at near the spot where the shield got stolen. eventually the gigglers might revisit - or mummies or ghosts.. you can search for them, too. floor 8 is a bit open spaced, but with a map you should be able to relocate these cleptomaniacs! good luck - also try the side passages and have a warm welcome ready if you meet one.. and a vorpal blade helps with those ghosts
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

It might also be worth checking the passages below because the giggler could have dropped down a pit and died carrying your shields. Also it could have been hit by a fireball so your shields could be lying around on the floor somewhere.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Blue teleporters remove the fear/retreating-from you-because-I-just-successfully-stole-something-from-you status effect from a monster , and they are all over that level. The gigglers should come back to you with just a little exploring of the level, if they are still alive. That random shield on the ground may be yours and not from a slayed skeleton...