which book are you READING at the moment ?

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
chiefy
Big chief

which book are you READING at the moment ?

Post by chiefy »

I have just finished reading THE BEAST by A.E van VOGT TOP SCI FI book that ! :D

Now I'm half way through Sharpe's TIGER:

Sharpes TIGER has Sharpe as a private in the British army at the siege of Seringapatam, India in 1799
The infamous Sgt Hakeswill legendary in the TV series is depicted well in this book and escapes death in battle and during capture, better than a cat with nine lives and is resolutely and deliciously despicable. But there are no Sharpes rifles or chosen men here, instead tiger striped tunics, Light Company and jettis.

ok what are you reading then ?
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

what am I reading right now is your post most astonishingly.. how did you do it?!? Friends computer or did it simply just start working?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I found that curious too...

I've been reading a lot of non-fiction recently, autobiographies mainly. I just finished Life on Air, the memoirs of David Attenborough which is thoroughly entertaining and informative.

I've just started The Stand by Stephen King, the re-printed, uncut edition. I've read some of King's early works such as It and Christine, but I'd never read this so I thought I'd give it a whirl. At 1500 pages it's not gonna be a quick read...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Il Gattopardo by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa (german version). Quite fascinating.

Regards, PitD
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I know it's sad but,

Inside C#.net second edition.

:(

I havent read a proper (non techie book) for a while.
Regards,

Andy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott card, sequel to Ender's Shadow, which in turn is like a sequal/equal to Ender's Game

I loved the afterword where he was explaining how he wrote abotu his characters, as that was exactly what I had decided about how I was writing mine not two months before : )
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Silver Griffon by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon
chiefy
Big chief

hehe this sounds friendly! thanks cowsmanaut

Post by chiefy »

cowsmanaut wrote:what am I reading right now is your post most astonishingly.. how did you do it?!? Friends computer or did it simply just start working?
the former

there are plenty of sites which don't conform to cableTV internet :cry:
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well untill I can get access to the FTP again it will stay unfriendly to webtv. I need to get my ftp account back to make changes to the forum.. somehow it got deleted it seems. Once I get in there though the offending Java code can be removed and the site will work fine for both webtv and regualr net users. I hope anyway. :)

moo
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

"The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle was the last book I read. Beautiful! The last "stuff" I read was "Lucifer", an off-spin series from Neil Gaiman's "Sandman", and brilliant they are, both of them.
Currently I do not read anything because I have some important exam next week and are learning a lot of biology and chemistry stuff.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, good luck then...though maybe reading the notes would help? : )
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Well, of course I meant, I don't read anything else currently! :)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

The Sandman is one of my all-time-favorites... so I guess your comment was a recommendation for Lucifer? Who was the artist drawing?

Regards, PitD
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yes, it is brilliant. The first part of the first story is a bit akward, because it's situated in some unrealistic Cliché-Germany like some uneducated american would imagine it, but after that it really becomes brilliant.
As usual for Sandman stories, there are several Artists at work in course of the series (but good ones), so just have look for youself I'd recommend!