Amiga Emulators

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
kaosthafeared
Apprentice

Amiga Emulators

Post by kaosthafeared »

I so want to play DM2... but I do not have a amiga emulator and my 500 is dead..... RIP...

I need suggestions on where and which one should I use... DM2 Amiga will be easy to find.

(btw I just got a free sega cd system.... video seems to die after 10 mins.. but I think a can of compressed air will remedy this... gotta love over heating)
If it moves, KILL IT!!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

if you pay for postage I will send you my 500.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

DM2 on the Amiga is for OS3 and above, so an A500 wouldn't be any good. You need an A1200 or A4000 with a harddisk and lots of RAM!

If you can get a good DOS mode working, or have an old PC lying around, DM2 for PC is worth checking out. Although the creature graphics are a bit cartoony, it's more atmospheric than the Amiga version.

Try over at dmweb.free.fr; I'm not sure which downloads are working at the moment.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, I played DM2 on my 3000 not sure if I tried my 500. I don't have a 1200 or 4000.. no super AGA graphics chip in mine.. ECS all the way.

Though, I think I did get an upgrade to my kickstart.. not sure if it was 3.1 but I think so.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Regards,

Andy

Post by Guest »

cowsmanaut wrote:if you pay for postage I will send you my 500.
haha Thanks... but I have 2 lying around already... they die easily.
kaosthafeared
Apprentice

Post by kaosthafeared »

Anonymous wrote:
cowsmanaut wrote:if you pay for postage I will send you my 500.
haha Thanks... but I have 2 lying around already... they die easily.

grrr at not being logged in
If it moves, KILL IT!!
kaosthafeared
Apprentice

Post by kaosthafeared »

andyboy_uk wrote:http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=21006

Is that any good for you?
No way am I going to partion my drive.... I would have to get another drive and power supply to do this... my current drive has ... a laughable 800 megs free.... 4k+ mp3's can do some serious space hogging.
If it moves, KILL IT!!
kaosthafeared
Apprentice

Post by kaosthafeared »

I just gave up and went on ebay to purchase DM2 for sega CD. Even if I never get the sega cd to work.. I can Emulator it. ;)
If it moves, KILL IT!!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I've had mine for a very long time. it just keeps going and going. The only thing broken on it is the disk eject tab. Beyond that it works as well as the day I got it. I also have a 3000 modified to have a 4time CDROM and updated kickstart. However, that doesn't leave my hands without some kind of cash passing back. Even then I don't know if I want to give it up.. the attraction to having it dies too slowly... I don't use it but I don't want to get rid of it. (sigh)

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I know what you mean, but sometimes practicality outweighs sentimentality. I just sold my Amiga 1000 on eBay; it didn't even work (chip ram was fried) and I thought I would be lucky to get £1 for it, but it went for £36 which was impressive considering it's just a large door stop.

I hadn't used it for years and it was just sitting in a cupboard taking up space, so it was time to say bye bye! But I think your Amiga 3000 is a bit different! You would certainly expect to get good money for that!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I also added an extra meg of graphics mem. But there was no way to add aga support.. I asked. :( Though I could have shelled out for a picasso. But I decided since I was heading towards a workforce that was mainly PC dominated I may as well get a PC instead. There's the damned practicallity. Even my wife who was not into computers before I introduced her to my Amiga feels sorry for it sitting on the closet counter. She even resisted conversion to PC even though she had only been using computers a year. She stuck by the 3000 even though the PC had more colours, more ram, though surprisingly not a heck of a lot more speed or so it seemed even tho physically the raw CPU power is supposed to be faster.

Alas, practicallyity won out again on her as well.. speed of the internet and the colours finally got to her. :) Though she still suggests we take it out and place it beside the PC so we can still use it from time to time. I should.. I have a butt load of old art I wouldn't mind keeping.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Glory days. Just thinking that the original "Lotus Turbo Challenge" is not available anywhere else than on Amiga I could kick myself for selling it then. Better keep it Moo... :D

Regards, PitD