Projectile dammage

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PeyloW
Novice

Projectile dammage

Post by PeyloW »

Does anyone know how much dammage projectile weapons inflict?

If I shoot myself with a crossbow and slayer arrow using a teleporter I only get like five to ten hitpoints of dammage; that cant be accurate, or?
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Re: Projectile dammage

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Not sure. Everything in the game does damage when you throw it, but arrows and rocks seem to do a lot more than leather jerkins. I killed a mummy with a copper coin one time.

Your character probably didn't take much damage from the arrow because he was wearing armor.
MutatedBlade42
Neophyte

Post by MutatedBlade42 »

Here's a fun thing to do:

in arena level of original DM:

Wear boots of speed. Have your guy throw something. Run fast as you can into rock. Tadah! approximate damage :)

most damage I got is...30 points...from a chest :) <p><hr><font face=Verdana color=green><i><font size=2>MutatedBlade42's quote for a while:
<font size=2>Nightsky: Meanwhile the MAD Dr. FrankenSkyien makes his way to the Bulldrek University all along the way singing cheerfully....
"Doom! We're doomed! Doomdoomdedoomdoomdoom. Doom doom DOOM!" </font></p>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The start of level 10 is perfect...you throw at the two teleporters there, and you can sidestep back to the stairs to get hit.

Armour seems to make a big difference to damage,
Well armoured parties take about 5-10 per item, while unarmoured can take between 5 - 30
Very heavy or large weapons do the most, of course : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Best place to test missile damage is at the beginning of the rat´s level, where right after the initial illusionary wall a 180-degree-turning tile is situated - shoot and you´ll get what you deserve ;-)
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.