Searching for DM source code (New Clone)

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Enzo

Searching for DM source code (New Clone)

Post by +Enzo »

Hello everybody,
I will appreciate if somebody have the source code for Dungeon Master. I'm making a clone of DM and I'm interested to have some ideas that I could find in the source of DM. I haven't the idea of draging the source of DM from DOS and dropping it to Windows 9X, but I coud have some inspiration. I want to add new features for that game like : - Multiplayer (networking: local area network or Internet) - 3D Effects (for the spells...) - Higher resolution (for the moment 640*480 in 16 or 32 bit colors) - 3D sound effects - A smooth animation when turning. - Very specials traps - And a lot more...
But I'm alone to make it and not a lot of time. Then I search also for programmer(s) (Visual C++ or C++, Direct X) and for GFX artists (Lightwave 3DS Max or other...) If you are interested tell it to me. Thank you. If you want to see the start of the project go to : http://perso.club-internet.fr/enzofr There is a downloadable version of the engine.

PS: It's not very important but I'm French, that's the reason of my poor English, for those who wants to participate to the project the french or english langage is necessary.
+David Fairweather

Post by +David Fairweather »

One of the things I love about Dungeon Master is that it is NOT smooth scrolling!! I am one of those people who gets MOTION SICKNESS from playing smooth scrolling 3D games like Doom. I like Dungeon Masters step-motion just fine!
+Lucky Charms

Post by +Lucky Charms »

Also the tile-based layout of DM is much better for implementing logic-based puzzles (IMHO).
+Enzo

Post by +Enzo »

Ho ho,
I'm sorry, I think there was a mistake, I don't want to make a Doom or a game like that. I just want a DM clone with some new features, I want to keep the step by step moving system from DM. When you turn in DM, the screen just flash and then you have changed of orientation. I'd like to make a turning system that is more smooth, like in the first Lands of Lore. In fact you turn at 90° but the effect makes it more smooth than DM.
I hope I was more clear for this time.
It's very good that you explain to me what you really want. Thanks.