Did anyone ever..

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
B

Did anyone ever..

Post by B »

..after you got the firestaff, travel all the way up to the beginning again?
Biffo

RE: Did anyone ever..

Post by Biffo »

Nope.Never.
omera
Novice

.. yes, I did!

Post by omera »

Have U?
When I tried, I was totally abashed by what happenned!!

I won't tell you what happen, because if you don't tried, that wouldn't be fun.... ;)

Bye,

OMERA
Nagasaki

RE: .. yes, I did!

Post by Nagasaki »

I haven't tested it by myself, but weren't there serveral barriers within the game that prevented you going back to the beginning (I remember that one in level 5 (if you count the hall of heros as level 1 it would be level 6)

How do you just override this barrier? (an iron door that closes behind you)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

The barriers appear after you attach the Gem to the Firestaff. When you get out of the Gem room with the Firestaff, the barriers appear. You can avoid this by throwing the completed Firestaff through the door and then walking through it.
Anyway, you don't need to complete the firestaff with the Gem to go back to the beginning and see the alternate ending. So the barriers aren't there.

Christophe
Nagasaki

Post by Nagasaki »

Mhm, I mean the door at (5, 29, 13)
I havent played that game for ages, I just remember getting locked there..
andy

Post by andy »

I went back to the first door in the hall of champions and didn't know what to do there. How do I get Lord Order to show himself? I can only see him by casting the look through walls spell.
jlarja

Post by jlarja »

You must go there with _non_completed firestaff. Otherwise the door will stay closed (atleast in PC-version).
Ian

Door on Level 6

Post by Ian »

I know how to get back through the door on level 6, there is a room right near the end with pits and a beholder in, drop down one of the pits and teleport back up and you will end up near the start again...
jlarja

RE: Door on Level 6

Post by jlarja »

> I know how to get back through the door on level 6, there is a room
> right near the end with pits and a beholder in, drop down one of the
> pits and teleport back up and you will end up near the start again...

Of course, you can just open the door... Actually, I think it should open when you step on one of the floor pads.
jens

RE: Door on Level 6

Post by jens »

i had no problems with traveling back. you only have to throw the firestaff through the door on lev 13.
on lev 1 near the entrance the lord kills you.
Eric

RE: Going back with the Firestaff

Post by Eric »

I remember that scene very well. I tried to fight back, but there were too many fireballs....
IBas

Post by IBas »

Yes I did if you go back to the original door lord order will come and stell your firestaf. I never went loking for it again though i just shut the game off and started my save game again.
IBas

Post by IBas »

Yes I did if you go back to the original door lord order will come and stell your firestaf. I never went loking for it again though i just shut the game off and started my save game again.