Sound is Crap .. Need Help

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
TM

Sound is Crap .. Need Help

Post by TM »

Hi
Can anyone tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong, I've got the game running on a MMX200 with a soundblaster card, the game runs fine, but the sound is crap, it all sounds like it's overloaded, and nothing like the FX I know it should be making.
If I reset the machine and try and run the game from Dos at start up, the machine dont find the soundcard or mouse, so I cant even try it that way.
I've played this game for years on an old Amiga, and would love to get it going on the PC,
can anyone help me.. PLEASE......

TM
Daniel Gustafsson
Apprentice

RE: Sound is Crap .. Need Help

Post by Daniel Gustafsson »

You have to run in DOS!

Get drivers for your soundcard and mouse.

/Daniel
TM

Post by TM »

Thanks Daniel
I'm not too hot with DOS, but I'll give it a go, if I can work out what to do

TM
Mike

Post by Mike »

I run the program in DOS. I select pc sound. I have all of the volume controls turned all the way up, but I can barely hear the sound effects. Any suggestions would help.
jens

Post by jens »

do you have a soundcard ?
Demoniac

Post by Demoniac »

I have a Soundblaster 16, and I don't need to load any drivers for that one in DOS mode. I just "set BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5" (replace with your numbers). The mouse is a bit worse, though, you must have drivers for that one. If you have a Logitech mouse (like me) you can download a DOS version of their driver that works with virtually every Logitech mouse. I can run the game (with sound) in Windows 98, but the effects are all played in slow-mo, and that's a bit annoying after a while. If you can afford a reboot, it's definately worth it.
Daniel Gustafsson
Apprentice

Post by Daniel Gustafsson »

Microsoft's Mouse driver works with nearly all mouse types.

/Daniel