Various questions...

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
HoloCaust

Various questions...

Post by HoloCaust »

Hi everybody,

I've questions :

- Does someone have an idea about a "nearly perfect" team to accomplish
DM ?

- What is the best way to kill Rock Piles and Worms ?
Demoniac

RE: Various questions...

Post by Demoniac »

I don't know about the "perfect team", but I can tell you how I did when I met the rock piles. I noticed that my weapons couldn't inflict much damage, so I decided to fight them with my bare hands. That way I could inflict almost as much damage as with weapons, but I could strike much faster than with weapons. I didn't even try magic on them, so I don't know about that. And my team was pretty low on experience points too, so you don't have to train your party that much to be able to repeat this. The worms I killed just by hitting them with my new axe, and a sword, and then sidestepping, and attacking again once they moved in sight. Keep spinning around, hitting them and moving out of their range is a good idea.
Andy

RE: Various questions...

Post by Andy »

The last reply is the best technique for killing nearly every monster with standard weapons, but poison, in either cloud or bolt form is by far the most effective magic against rock monsters and most others. This is because it doesn't matter what armour they have got. Going toe to toe with Rock Monsters is just a sure-fire way of getting battered and poisoned yourself.