DMute

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

DMute

Post by Lunever »

When I´m transscripting the Characters from DM1 to CSB via DMute it is of course easy to choose the apropriate portrait, stats and levels, but what is about various other internal skills, which the user can´t see, of whom I suppose they exist somehow (for example spell- or weaponskills, because you can get a new option for a weapon with a character, even when the character doesn´t rise a level).

And is it possible to transfer the CSB-Dungeon to a DM1 game (without new spells for example, of course) via DMute?

In addition, I saw many items on the items site which are only attainable through hacking or via the DM1-kids-level which is only accessible in the apple version like the DexHelm or The Conduit. It is possible to get them somehow for DM1 via DMute?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: DMute

Post by Gambit37 »

Conduit, Powertowers amd Dexhelm are all available to use in DMute...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The internal skills are very recent discoveries, so personally I have no idea how it works fully. Adjusting the the general level should give you a close enough approximation I'd reckon. And I think weapons are set by a certain experience point level, not just fighter level (or internal skills?). So for example any fighter will gain melee with axe just before reaching craftsman, no matter what they have done weapon wise.

CSB--> DM. It's not possible using DMute, but Guillaume Bastard has transcribed the CSB dungeon to PC DM format. To edit that you will need his DMEdit editor instead (see tools forum).
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I´ll have a look at DMEdit.

Items: Ah yes... I didn´t notice at first that in the dungeon you´ll have to choose an item of the category you wish an item of to edit it properly;
question: how severly endangers item-hacking the stability of the edited game?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

What program from "tools" do I need exactly for the CSB-import to DM1 (or is it to DM2?) and what steps do I have to take to start playing the import?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is no danger in adding hacked items..they are just items
The only thing that ruins game stability is hex editing if you don't know exactly what you are doing sometimes.

The dungeon is a seperate file, completely playable, available from the dungeon uploads (Halk Gonzo Barbarian)

The editor is on the tools thread...follow the thread fully, then download the last programme (editor0.52) and any previous files in the thread like .dlls that you might not have on your computer.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I just don´t get it! In the section downloads/tools i just don´t find an DMEdit for PC or an editor0.52 for PC or the the import dungeon. Sinci I´m seemingly too blind to get it, please: where exactly what link?!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

http://dmwebshare.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=8&i=16&t=16 - DMEdit
http://dmwebshare.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=7&i=31&t=31 - 'Halk Gonzo Barbarian' aka CSB for DM : )

Sorry I wasn't clearer, the dungeon is in the seperate dungeons forum, and the dungeon editor threas is long so goes through 3 versions of DMEdit