TV shows for dungeoneers

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
chiefy
Big chief

TV shows for dungeoneers

Post by chiefy »

OK you're a dungeoneer, nice one !!

so what do DUNGEONEERS watch on TV anyhow ??

I am still enjoying all the RED DWARF TV series from way back, showing on cable TV and now coming out on DVD...
so far both series I and II are out on DVD and the discs are stuffed full of brilliant extras !

check out RED DWARF ADVENTURE it is a great 10 minutes on red dwarf that it so C O O L

what do you watch on TV anyhow ??
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: TV shows for dungeoneers

Post by beowuuf »

This side of the pond:
Coupling
Spaced

Damn, must be more...

The other side of the pond:
The holy Whedon trilogy - Buffy, Angel and Firefly til it was killed off!
The West Wing
Third Watch
The Simpsons

Must be more...

Things passed:
The X-files
Fawlty towers
Red dwarf
Dark angel
Farscape
ER

Will be more...

Lol, I'm sure you get the idea : ) - good british comedies, american sci-fi/drama : )
I must admit that tv is becoming less and less appealing though, just as there seems to be less shows, and espeially less shows reaching us in a timely fasion on terrestrial tv!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm in the same position as Beowuuf: I don't think there's much decent stuff on TV anymore (at least, not regularly anyway). I've also been in the silly position of missing the beginning of all those shows that everyone raves about: 24, West Wing, etc, and I figure that if you've missed the beginning there's not much point watching it...

I prefer to watch films and have a great DVD collection, but TV I have enjoyed recently and in times past: Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Twin Peaks, Black Books, The Book Group, Taken, ST Voyager & Enterprise, Spaced, Frasier, Seinfeld. A few cross overs with Beowuuf there...!
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I rarely watch shows on TV. However, I have seen all the episodes of Fawlty Towers, Monty Python Flying Circus and Mr. Bean with great pleasure!
Simon

Post by Simon »

I don't suppose anyone remembers a TV program called 'Knightmare' ?

An adventurer would have to walk around blind while his/her friends helped to guide them.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Knightmare was a classic! (and ended up with a DM like computer game to boot : ) )

I remember being impressed by one of the puzzles in the show, they had a reverse spell, a bottle of poison, and the guy's live energies were running out
I was going 'haha, guess you picked the wrong object there' but the trick was to turn the poison harmless and use it

Just wanted to share : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

knightmare, the computer game, was a fun game... It'd beinteresting to play it again, does anyone here have a version that may work with windows and/or an emulator?

ahhh, memories... listening to black sabbath and playing knightmare/powermonger.. those were the days!

-rain`
Simon

Post by Simon »

If only you could get Knightmare episodes from somewhere! :)
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 will always be my favorite.
Space Ghost coast to coast is 2nd.
I also watch the other Adult Swim shows.
South Park.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
And some day I hope to see all the episodes of that short lived failure known as The Master.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Like Beowuuf and Gambit I don't watch very much TV (except occasional news). When I do so, it's mostly documentaries, and sometimes I manage to catch a bit of Southpark. The last series I was watching continuosly was Babylon 5, a long time ago. There lots of movies I'm watching, but almost never in TV, cut by the commercials, but in cinema or on Video/DVD, and I can't list even the best of them here, that'd be simply too much.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

anyone except lunever knows "richterin barbara salesch"? :D

i love monty python, too :)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I love Monty Python and MP-affiliated movies too (although "Flying Circus is also much fun), most of all Eric the Viking!
Steve

Post by Steve »

24 is awesome. One of the best shows on TV at the moment by a long way. I also like Red Dwarf, The Book Group, Buffy and at the moment I'm watching a hell of a lot of BBC News 24. I stopped watching the X-Files as it's become quite repetitive and @!#$. They should have stopped that show when it was at it's peak a few years ago. I used to like Knightmare on CITV, GamesMaster on C4 and also a program on BBC2 called Game On.
chiefy
Big chief

Post by chiefy »

yeah I remember that Knightmare programme on TV, I watched it a few times, the main team member had to put a large helmet on that covered his whole face, quite good for a while
but OSBOURNES is tons better I reckon !
anybody seen these OSBOURNES ?
the language is pretty crude by all in the family but their antics are top dollar
the programme focuses on their "mansion" over in America and is hilarious

it is screened on MTV plenty and I have seen loads of the episodes, they're such a hoot
my best episode was the one where Ozzy starts building a huge model of Thunderbird 2 in the garden, the neighbours complain it's an eyesore and the son fits it with a 350cc engine (obviously not powerful enough to launch !) :-)
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties
Zalewa

Post by Zalewa »

I watch:

Alf
Alien (all parts)
Predator (all parts)
The X-files

All movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator, Predator 1, Red Sonja, etc.)

And bunch of comedies.

Oh i hate westerns and brazilian serials.

And i like of course.. ummm... movies for adults.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Well, as far as movies go, I'll watch any movie at least once. I am especially fond of B-movies though. My favorite movies are Last Hurrah For Chivalry, and Dead Alive aka Braindead(!)
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Got to admit I hardly ever watch terrestrial tv at all now since - 1 buying my first computer a year ago and 2 having cable tv installed.
I love the Discovery channel being an ardent nature lover and enjoy the SCi-Fi channel now & then and 70's nostalgia on the UK Gold & Bravo channels....really twee old American police shows like Starsky & Hutch etc...LOl they do look DATED don't they....good fun though. Oh MTV yeah...love pop music and all the imaginative videos. (Well some of them are interesting)..
Sral

Post by Sral »

Richterin Barbara Salesch is crap, i prefer Lenßen & Partner, the next evolution in german trash tv !

I watch :

Star Trek
Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
Family Guy
Toto & Harry ;-)

My favourite Movies are :

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

As I said, I have seen many many movies, and I liked many of them. It would be simply too much to list em all, and besides, I'd probably forget to name half of em worthy movies. So I'll only name the most recent movie I've seen in cinema and came to like it, which is "Bowling for Columbine", and those few movies I liked that I think of as DM-related because they are high fantasy, which are first and foremost "The Dark Crystal", "Willow" and "Conan I".
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Willow indeed was an excellent fantasy movie - one of the very few ones that even bothered with a story and taking its characters seriously.

Regards, PitD
Clorius

Post by Clorius »

I dont watch so much tv cus I only have 7 channals and nothing is ever on.

But I do watch this show on the net.

Happy tree friends

Go enjoy :)