Me again!

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Me again!

Post by Ameena »

Yup, it's me, with more things I can't do :D.
Three points.

First - Thankies very muchly GG for this brilliant editor. Apart from the fact the graphics go all weird and nothing works every now and then (seems to be after I've switched levels several times, or just randomly), easily fixed by just closing and reopening the editor, this editor is great, and I've managed to do all kinds of stuff I'd not figured out how to do in the old text file way of editing :D.

Second - When I try to compile my dungeon, I get an error telling me to make the file writable as it is "read only" and kicks me to desktop after a 10-second countdown. The problem is, the file IS writable! Weird...

Third - What the smeg does this mean?

*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_RF. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,62.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_RF. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,62.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_RF. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,62.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_FL. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,150.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_FL. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,150.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_FL. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,150.

And how can I fix it?

Any help much appreciated, as always, and thanks in advance :).
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I got a similar error when trying to convert a dungeon (I think it was one of the old test dungeons from the encyclopedia) - so I need the same answer. Addendum: I guess this may be a change between V0.24 and V0.27 - that some wall graphics size got changed and the old one cannot be used any more.

Regards, PitD
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

OK, tow things. One is a bug for me to fix - the error message is completely misleading!

The other is a change in the text files between versions that you need to make (and your getting an error at all because it hasn't been made). My apologies, I should have told you about it up front...

The wall and roof parameters in the wallset section of the text file now take four values each (the walls still only take two though). The values can be in two configurations either:

- (GRAPHIC,NULL,NULL.NULL) this is the normal DM version, where the graphic will be flipped as tyou move from square to square.

- (GRAPHIC1,GRAPHIC2,GRAPHIC3,GRAPHIC4) this is an enhanced version where the 1st graphic will be shown when the party is pointing north, the second easy, third south, fourth west. This a request made a while ago by Andyboy and allows for outside dungeons to be done (i.e. using it for the sky so clouds / sun / stars / moon look right instead of flipping from one side of the screen to the other!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

i think the first thing is a memory leak problem as dmute used to have, i got it the first time i used v0.26, but my comp was fairly pounded by ie6's own fun problems at the time, so i half -expected it...not had it since
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

OOOh, Nice work GG thanks for that one.

:D

Hope you all had a great xmas and are looking forward to the new year. I will be back working on the editor probably tomorrow (when I get home) and until next monday at least (while I still have time off work -- yay)

See you all soon :)

Andy
Regards,

Andy
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Okay...so what do I need to do to solve my problems? Is there something I need to add into the text file to make it convert properly as a v0.27 file or something? And if so, exactly where do I have to add it?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

change the floor/roof wallset parameters by adding two extra NULL declarations at the end of the graphic list

[Graphics - Wall Sets]
NAME=(WALLSET_DEFAULT)
WALL_RF=(BITMAP_WALL_RF_MAIN,NULL)
WALL_FL=(BITMAP_WALL_FL_MAIN,NULL)

becomes

[Graphics - Wall Sets]
NAME=(WALLSET_DEFAULT)
WALL_RF=(BITMAP_WALL_RF_MAIN,NULL,NULL,NULL)
WALL_FL=(BITMAP_WALL_FL_MAIN,NULL,NULL,NULL)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Erm thanks Wuuffy...I went into my file and added two extra Nulls to the graphic thingys that only had one (there weren't any lines that were as you described though, like with "RF" and "FL" in them...), and then tried to compile it...but it still thinks the file is read-only and gives the same error window and "termination in 10...9...8...etc".
And now I get these errors...

*** CRITICAL ERROR (line 71): Expecting 2 unique IDs for main and alternate wall bitmaps. e.g. WALL_xx=(BITMAP_WALL_xx_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_xx_ALT).
*** CRITICAL ERROR (line 73): Expecting 2 unique IDs for main and alternate wall bitmaps. e.g. WALL_xx=(BITMAP_WALL_xx_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_xx_ALT).
*** CRITICAL ERROR (line 75): Expecting 2 unique IDs for main and alternate wall bitmaps. e.g. WALL_xx=(BITMAP_WALL_xx_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_xx_ALT).
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_09. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 140,98.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_09. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 140,98.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_11. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 212,148.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_11. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 212,148.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_13. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 320,222.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic alternate wallset element WALL_13. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 320,222.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_RF. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,62.
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_FL. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 448,150.

Bah I think these files hate me or something :P.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Strange. They should appear pretty much on top in the section "Wallsets". Have a peek into the original DM txt file - if you search for "WALL_RF" you'll find it pretty quickly - same for "WALL_FL". Not appearing at all in your txt file?? Because I think it should be there in any case!

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ameena, do you even read these error messages? ;) This one tells you exactly what is wrong. For example:
*** CRITICAL ERROR : Invalid size for graphic main wallset element WALL_09. Given bitmap BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 of size 20,10. Expecting bitmap of size 140,98
You're specifying a flooritem/pad to be used for wall graphics, and RTC is quite rightly telling you that it's expecting a different sized graphic.

I'm happy to help, but I don't believe in spoonfeeding people help. The information is there in the error message -- pay it some heed! :)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Had a long night yesterday, Gambit? I agree with "not spoonfeeding" but these errors popped up when re-compiling with 0.27 if I followed Ameena's infos correctly and had not been there before. You're quite right about what they are pointing out but try to have some patience with people like me who are not born code-readers. It may be laughable but it's not so easy to sit in front of a huge text piece trying to figure out "obvious" reasons for errors.

For example, I tried to make a very simple dungeon start only today testing the effects of "experience multipliers" of levels - simply took the HoC and added one room in level two plus ol' Chaos somewhere else in the level to see if my experience levels would rise faster if he's there. Result: no errors, no warnings, engine crashes every time. Conclusion: It's probably a stupid mistake from me, but I'd rather have someone tell me in a nice way than scoff at me. It's more helpful somehow.

Happy new year to everybody!

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm not scoffing, hence the winking smiley, and I think it's unfair of you to say 'have some patience' when I have spent countless hours helping Ameena and others. I'm merely pointing out that sometimes people get lazy when they are helped too much, and I think that is the case here because the error message is quite clear. George spent a lot of time making error checking that gives you an indication of what is wrong -- it's down to the dungeon designer to logically interpret the message and debug accordingly.

You take things too seriously some times! :wink:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Umm...yeah, but I don't know what it means - I didn't specify any graphics...I wouldn't know how..I got the whole beginning bit of the text file from (I think) The Zoo - I just copied and pasted it and edited details such as the name etc so they were describing my dungeon. And I really have no clue what all this complicated-looking stuff is..."invalid size for bitmap"??? Wtf? Apart from what the smeg does that actually mean (let alone where the smeg did it come from as once upon a time this dungeon actually managed to compile itself with no errors/warnings, back before it decided it was corrupted, of course now it thinks the file is set to Read Only...gawd, I don't know!!!). How do I change it?
Stoopid and knowing nothing about all this weird, even apparently "simple" code stuff, remember :P
Feeling rather frustrated now...well, more so than before.:(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahh just to add - major wootage :D. Some post in one of the forums mentioned someone using v0.28, which I didn't even know was out - so I've just DLd it and my file compiles...well, it still has errors, but it doesn't say that the file is Read Only when it's not :D. So that's that sorted - it must've been a bug with 0.27. Phew.
But I still have no clue about the other errors :(.

EDIT - Lol that's kinda funny...must be a result of those graphic bugs that I don't know how to fix (or what they are or how they got there...etc) - I open the dungeon doors and an greeted by...well, the walls are there, but everything else (yes, the floor) is black, where I suppose the graphics are missing. And when I tried to click on the bit of wall where I know there's a character portrait thingy, it bombed me back to desktop with one of those Diags error files popping up.
Bugger...looks like I'll have to solve this stoopid graphics thing before I can play my dungeon :P.
But at least it worked (if badly and for such a short time) :D
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

hmm interesting I would have pinned it on a missing tab or return. Remember that the RTC dunegon format is Tab delimited. So I thought that during your editing you may have hit delete and it was missing a tab or return or what have you..

Glad it works now though.. it's always that way with computers. You would think that a machine that is based on concepts like 1+1=2 that the answer would always be the same.. However the computer is not that consistant. The shift of the moons alignment, the solar flares, maybe a passive scan from a cloaked alien vessle ;) Anything could be a theory on how a set of mathmatical equations could produce a bogus answer one minute and the correct one the next. Computers are odd. It's always been a love hate relation ship for Computers and I.

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I apologise if anyone was offeneded by my post, that was not my intention. However, I would like to point out that this is an open forum where we can all put forward our views, opinions and constructive criticisms. I get tired of this constant suggestion that showing a frank point of view is somehow 'wrong' or 'rude' or 'impatient'. Frankly, if someone can't handle a bit of honesty from time to time, then an open forum isn't the place to be.

Anyway, Cowsmanaut's suggestion is probably the answer, I completely forgot about that. It is highly lilkely that a space has been used instead of a tab, and this seemingly innocent mistake can throw the whole file out of whack. Ameena, do you have access to a text editor that can visually show you the tabs and spaces? Even Word can do this -- try and view the file this way and see if you can spot any spaces where there should be tabs. It'll be somewhere before all the errors start.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Well, I was just missing a lighter note in your comments, but as you put it making a direct point is of course your right. So let's hope Ameena can sort this out and maybe I'll find the reason for my "0 errors, 0 warnings" problem that crashes the engine when loading the dungeon.

Regards, PitD
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

PicturesInTheDark (or anyone else for that matter) - if you ever get something which claims 0 errors that crashes the dungeon, please let me know (and ideally send me the dungeon text file). There is almost certainly a bug in the engine and I'll look into it for you.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

not sure if it would help but two things I find cause 0 *mentioned* errors in some of the programs I run and yet crash.. as in instant exit.

One is driver problem with a specific graphics function usually or a corrupt or missing file. For me those are often graphics. I've noted corrupt images almost always cause this result for me in many programs. As to weather or not it's the same with RTC I can not say.

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

I will send it to you. One of the problems I can imagine is the fact that I only have two levels and "removed" all items from the others - maybe there are still things defined that expect those levels to be somewhat present.

Regards, PitD
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ameena: I hope I have the answer here for you - you said you replaced every single NUll with a triple, right? But it's only the RF/FL parts that need altered. Positions 9, 11 and 13 STILL ONLY USE TWO DECLARIONS!
ie WALL_09=(BITMAP_WALL_09_MAIN,NULL)
NOT WALL_09=(BITMAP_WALL_09_MAIN,NULL,NULL,NULL)

Also, at the end of the wall graphics list there should be a wall_fl and wall_rf declaration - if there isn't, it might have been accidenatally missed out in the copy and paste - grab the ones i posted and stick them in after wall_13.... !

I beleive this would answer the two things - because you have added NULLS where ones shouldn't be, the engine is being knocked on compiling, and it is now inserting nonsense 20 x 10 graphics where it knows there should be larger sized ones, and without a roof/floor declaration, guess what gets missed out in drawing : ) Try that and see if it compiles.

George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

To shed a small piece of light on this, BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 is the bitmap with an internal number of 0. If ever see this bitmap being mentioned in an error file it probably means

1) I havn't set the default to be "no bitmap" and it's using a default of 0.

2) You havn't declared a bitmap somewhere to override that default.

Incidently BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 does indeed have a size of 20x10 and so all those error messages your getting are correct (as far as the code is concerned) as it believes that you've given it that bitmap when in fact it was expecting something completely different. The fact that they're completely misleading is of course a bug - I should probably set bitmap number 0 to be a dummy one with a name like BITMAP_NOT_DEFINED or something ;-)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Um. Well, I DO have the RF anf FL thingys, NO IDEA why I didn't notice them before, since they're kind of obvious. But that was just me. I don't think it's a problem with tab or space or anything, since it never showed up before when I was editing it in Notepad.
Here is my graphics section as it is atm...

[Graphics - Wall Sets]
NAME=(WALLSET_DEFAULT)
WALL_01=(BITMAP_WALL_01_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_01_ALT)
WALL_02=(BITMAP_WALL_02_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_02_ALT)
WALL_03=(BITMAP_WALL_03_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_03_ALT)
WALL_04=(BITMAP_WALL_04_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_04_ALT)
WALL_05=(BITMAP_WALL_05_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_05_ALT)
WALL_06=(BITMAP_WALL_06_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_06_ALT)
WALL_07=(BITMAP_WALL_07_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_07_ALT)
WALL_08=(BITMAP_WALL_08_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_08_ALT)
WALL_09=(BITMAP_WALL_09_MAIN,NULL)
WALL_10=(BITMAP_WALL_10_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_10_ALT)
WALL_11=(BITMAP_WALL_11_MAIN,NULL)
WALL_12=(BITMAP_WALL_12_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_12_ALT)
WALL_13=(BITMAP_WALL_13_MAIN,NULL)
WALL_RF=(BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1,BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1,BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1,BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1)
WALL_FL=(BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1,BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1,BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1,BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1)

Could someone intelligent please tell me if there is anything wrong and in English as though I was completely thick, since I only understand a teeny tiny bit of what you guys are saying before I get rather lost :(. Alas, my brain doesn't seem built to cope with weird code stuff. I'm bad enough with numbers :P.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, let's take this step by step:

1) Look at your code for WALL_RF and WALL_FL. This is the code to define the RooF and the FLoor.

2) What does it say after this? It says BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1, repeated four times. Now, what did I say in my original reply, the one that seemed to upset a lot of people? ;-):
You're specifying a flooritem/pad to be used for wall graphics, and RTC is quite rightly telling you that it's expecting a different sized graphic.
And what did George just say in his posts above?
To shed a small piece of light on this, BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 is the bitmap with an internal number of 0. If ever see this bitmap being mentioned in an error file it probably means

1) I havn't set the default to be "no bitmap" and it's using a default of 0.

2) You havn't declared a bitmap somewhere to override that default.
3) George said that the BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 is indeed 20 pixels wide by 10 pixels high. If I tell you that the ceiling bitmap should be 448 pixels wide 62 high, and the floor bitmap should be 448 pixels wide and 150 high, can you now make sense of the error messages you received? Think logically, and I'm sure you will see what the problem is.

I know that we all learn and think differently, but I am a firm believer that anyone can learn anything if they take the time to do so. You simply need to learn to look at things more slowly and logically, and don't just throw up your hands and say "I'm thick" -- you're not thick, far from it, you just need a gentle push in the right direction to help you see the answer for yourself.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Arrrgh, more numbers...erm..I'm sure that makes sense somewhere but I can't see it atm...bah...will have another look later and see if I can see anything there but atm I am missing something :(.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

My post above isn't the full answer; I was trying to give you clues so that you might see what the problem is. Ignore the numbers for now.

You're missing a very fundamental point: What does this bitmap describe?:

BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1

That's not a description for a ceiling or a floor is it?

Hold that thought, then look at the wallsets definition from George's own DM.TXT or DM_ORIGINAL.TXT:

Code: Select all

[Graphics - Wall Sets]
NAME=(WALLSET_DEFAULT)
WALL_01=(BITMAP_WALL_01_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_01_ALT)
WALL_02=(BITMAP_WALL_02_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_02_ALT)
WALL_03=(BITMAP_WALL_03_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_03_ALT)
WALL_04=(BITMAP_WALL_04_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_04_ALT)
WALL_05=(BITMAP_WALL_05_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_05_ALT)
WALL_06=(BITMAP_WALL_06_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_06_ALT)
WALL_07=(BITMAP_WALL_07_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_07_ALT)
WALL_08=(BITMAP_WALL_08_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_08_ALT)
WALL_09=(BITMAP_WALL_09_MAIN,NULL)
WALL_10=(BITMAP_WALL_10_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_10_ALT)
WALL_11=(BITMAP_WALL_11_MAIN,NULL)
WALL_12=(BITMAP_WALL_12_MAIN,BITMAP_WALL_12_ALT)
WALL_13=(BITMAP_WALL_13_MAIN,NULL)
Can you see what is wrong in your own code? It seems like you have trouble looking at things logically, so I hope I have given you enough information for you to make the connection.

If you still can't get it, I'll post the full solution, and also my thoughts on why this bug appeared in the first place (because I am fairly certain that you didn't make this mistake yourself -- I think upgrading your dungeon to v0.28 caused the problem).
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Bah I'm perfectly logical, just not when it comes to numbers and code - with words and pictures I'm fine :D.
Incidentally, I can't remember if I said it before, but "my code" is just a straight copy/paste from...erm...I THINK it was the Zoo...I'm pretty sure it was, but if it wasn't then it was DM(O). So I have no idea what it all means, I just copied it into my file 'cause it was there and I figured it was something the dungeon required to run - copied the whole first section of the file before the bit where you do the layout as 0s and 1s.
And as for the bit that says "BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY", I figure it's talking about a flooritem pad thingy on the floor. A tiny floor pad thingy. Lol. Which is of course no help as I don't know what to do with it. If it shouldn't be there then I'll delete it but I have no clue how it got there.
Oh, and it wouldn't have been upgrading to 0.28 that did it. More like 0.27, since that's where the errors started appearing. And if there's only one little thing wrong with it, why do I get about erm...I think it's 14 errors when I try to compile?
Aww, go on, put me out of my frustrated misery and just tell me what to do...otherwise I'll be here months and I really want to just playtest what I've got so far so I can get on with thinking up the next bit...I'm nearly done, just a level and a half to go...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Aw, you're not even trying! ;-) I really don't think you've read my posts properlyl, as I have explained what the BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1 is and why it shouldn't be there.

HINT: Forget about how it got there, can you really not see the obvious? It's staring you right in the face. I've even given you the correct code!

SOLUTION: Replace your "broken" wallsets code with the code in my previous post and it all should work.

If this doesn't work, send me your file and I'll take a look at it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

When you put 'null' i nthe .txt, and the engine compiles it to .rtc later, it substitutes 'null' for 'the bitmap called "BITMAP_FLOORITEM_PAD_TINY_FRONT1" ' which is 20x10 in size.

The editor obviously explicitly uses the bitmaps proper name rather than 'null'

What gambit is tryign to point out is that the error is tellign you the first declaration for the floor and roof sets is expected to be much wider than this 20 x 10 sized image...but the editor seems to have put 'null' instead - not your fault, but the error message is tryign to tel lyou the reason it doens't like it

So just copy and paste the two lines of code

into your text file instead of what is there, and compile it

The problem with comiling code is that one error can lead many errors, so sometimes finding one thing before all the problems started can solve everything - hence 14 errors where none exist and minimal changes happaned before
The names are arbitrary in a way in RTC, so in future errors don't discount or assume things because of the name thigns are given...for example a door error can be caused because of a lack of doorframe, but doorframes are called 'flooritem_doorframe' , so a quick scan of the error might make you go 'why does it complain of a flooritem' etc (bad example, hope you see what i mean)

Anyway, hopefully
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

hey! no fair posting small comments while i'm typing a monster! : )