My mouse does not work in DM2

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tiene

My mouse does not work in DM2

Post by Tiene »

Hi folks,
I installed DM2 on my computer (win 98), ran the setup, restart under DOS, run DM2.bat, and everything is OK but the mouse.
The pointer stays in the left upper corner and does not move. I use a PS2 mouse, I also tried to connect it to a serial port with the adaptator, but it does not work.

Does anybody have an idea of what is wrong? The keyboard works nice, and I can move in the tunnel with it but that's not enough, just frustrating.

Cheers.
Etienne
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

you need a mouse driver to run under DOS
look for cutemouse, i think it's also available on the encyclopaedia site
all you need is to run it under dos, or put it in your autoeec.bat, and you will ahve a working mouse again - ps2 or serial linked
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

with dos you need to load all the drivers for hardware individually, that means you need a mouse driver as well.

Most of the latest DOS mouse drivers could handle serial and ps2 mice (no usb as it wasnt around in those days).

You need to find a driver called MOUSE.COM that should be available as dos mode windows 98, if not there are LMOUSE.COM and AMOUSE.COM available around the internet.

This is the MS Mouse driver version 11
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/msdosmouse.html

When you unzip it to your disk drive run the exe or com file in there to get the mouse compatibilty working

A resources you might want to check out are

www.vogons.com

Hope that helps
Regards,

Andy

Post by Guest »

Ok guys, it works.
Now I can kill monsters
Thanks a lot.
Etienne