Can't get DM2 to work...

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
midnighA

Can't get DM2 to work...

Post by midnighA »

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:36 am Post subject: dm2 on amiga & pc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello from tokyo.
i am confused concerning playing dungeon master 2. i just cannot get this wonderful game to work. i hope it is a good game since i have never played it. i have been playing dungeon master and chaos strikes back using my windows xp laptop pc using winuea0.8.24, so i know this emulator works, the problems is i cannot find the "dm2_sk_install1" file, so i cannot play this game from the hard drive. i have managed to install all six adf file in the hard drive section on the emulator and i do get a grey workbench screen but thats all. please help. concerning playing the pc version on the game i am having problems. no 1 i do not have a floppy drive so i cannot create a boot disk. the same problem as mrjingles i have looked at the dosbox web site but i do not know what file to download and how to use it. i have download something that calls itself dosbox6.1 but it does not have any instructions or any way i can install it. please, please help.

Post by Guest »

Hello Midnight!

The Dosbox 0.61 installation file is called "DOSBox.61-win32-installer.exe". This is the only file you should get when you download the emulator (there are no more files needed than this single one).
If you doubleclick on the file it should install itself (just follow the instructions of the program). When the installation is completed you should be able to start the game form the Startmeny-programs-dosbox.

The Best of Luck!

/Daniel (Sweden)