forums moving

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

forums moving

Post by cowsmanaut »

I've mentioned it might happen before. It's going to happen soon. The result for most users is that while it's moving you will be redirected when going to the main page untill the URL updates which can be 24-48 hours. Other than that we are moving to a place that's a bit more expensive but it's faster and more reliable. As for the Admin.. there apparently is a copy webspace from the C-panel and then I just upload it to the new one through the C-panel (they have all the same stuff) and I'm told it should be exactly as it is here.

So.. anyway.. what I mean to say is there might be some minor issues for a day or two and then everything will be back to normal. The place we are moving to is supposeldy on one of the main backbones of the internet which accounts for the speed as well it's going to be a dual xeon server which is BRAND NEW!! that means for the first while we will be one of the few on it. Which is some serious dedication.

any further questions or comments.. feel free to leave them.

Oh and the reason we're leaving is that odd bug that keeps saying we're running too many processes and then they ban us.. like WTF?? they don't know why it happens and we're down for as long as an entire day or two depending on if it happens on the weekend or not.. :P

oh well..

moo