CSB on Windows XP?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Post by Guest »

i machine running xp. it all sounds rather complicated. how do i get a version of chaos strikes back working on my xp?
email saltcoldsea@hotmail.com
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

dg2
Novice

Post by dg2 »

A stupid question: DM for windows works fine on my PC but not CSB : I can play in the prison but when I go in the utility stuff it says "SAVE GAME ERROR". Same for the Hint Oracle. What can I do ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is a thread on the CSBwin forum that might be related to your problem (first or second one)
dg2
Novice

Post by dg2 »

OK, with the latest version it works. Glad to be able to play again with the Atari version (which I prefer to the Amiga one because it has no magical map).
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I prefer to the Amiga one because it has no magical map)
Well, that's a change. This is the first time I got complimented for
something that is missing from CSBwin.
dg2
Novice

Post by dg2 »

It's not missing, it's just a different game with and without the map. Mapmaking is a part of that sort of game, and automap from the game is some sort of crime for me. Also the shortcut in the Ros way is very good (and is not present in the Amiga version).
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I think the shortcut is in the Amiga version, that's where i first found it.
dg2
Novice

Post by dg2 »

No, see http://dmweb.free.fr/CSBLevel04.htm , the shortcut I had in mind (at the end of the Death Row area) is for the Atari ST version.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Opps, thought you ment the shortcut that allows you to get the Ros and Ku corbums at the same time.

Post by Guest »

Opps, thought you ment the shortcut that allows you to get the Ros and Ku corbums at the same time.
Erm... what shortcut, and if such exists, how come I've never heard of it!!! Hey, my bro' told me about the site, the retro-port on pc from our olllllld Atari ST long turned to doorstop. I never completed Chaos. It's been irritating me for over teeeeeeeeeen yeeeeeeeeears! Now its done... thoroughly disappointing ending, but at least I can get it out of my head now! Still would like to know about that shortcut though! :)
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

*** Spoily (highlight to read) ***

One of the pits near Ku corbum is illusionary. Which allows you to drop down another pit that drops you below the Ros corbum. Then it's just quick stairs up to fetch the Ros corbum.

*** end spoily ***
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.