[RTC] Sukumvit's Labyrinth

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

sorry for bumping here but i must clarify this immediately (and not go OT on the other thread) :
Sophia wrote:I looked at it a bit, the addon graphics were neat, but to be totally honest, I got turned off to getting deep into it by the knowledge that there were some paths I could take that would render the game completely unsolvable. That would be so frustrating!
Those unsolvable paths have been modified since version 1.2 (this is what i meant by "redesigned some areas" in the game history).
I also lowered monsters health at the beginning to avoid your hero from being wounded too much, and added some vi and vi bro potions too : these features came with 1.5 version.

TO EVERYONE : PLEASE TRY IT AGAIN ! :o
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Just dusted out some of my notes, and though I didn't finish the game, and this is not the proper review it should deserve, here are some appreciations:

I liked:
The monsters. The small rats and the big one. Lexus.
Progression is well balanced. You have to obtain slowly all the runes.
The ambiance.
Details like the holes from whence the rats emerge, or monsters dropping their gear make the player feel respected.
The sound of wasps: disturbing, enerving to hear them buzzing nearby, forcing to a restless vigilance.

I didn't like:
Too many hidden switches leading to testing all the walls.
The lack of chests: it was tedious to manage all the items with one character.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

thanks for the review ! but why do people here always play with only one character (me included ;)) ?
do you think i must release another version, regarding what you mentionned about the switches and chests ?
this wouldn't take me a lot of time to change some stuff : any people interested ?

zyx, please pm in french about the switches, i need to know which ones were hard to find (except the power runes one, i think i'll put them back into Lexus' jail)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

New version 1.6 , get it here :
http://www.freewebs.com/linflas

- tested for 0.40 (long and boring moment with grey walls... :( ).
- new items : bag and money box
- power runes are now contained in the spellbook

Sorry for people who had saved games in previous version but this won't be possible to use them : i had to change some puzzles because of new features in 0.40.
Daecon
Expert

[Off topic]

Post by Daecon »

I love those little DM Portrait Chibis! They're so cute!

Did you make them yourself? Do you have 'full size' ones?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

I made them by cropping several fantasy images found on the web, and sorry, but i didn't keep them...