ADGE: Bug Reports: Initial bugs

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Found the first bug, it won't load my custom graphics.dat -- it fails at item #6, which in fact is the image that caused this bug in CSBWIN:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=24066
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I found the following three bugs:
1) If you right click on an image and select "export as IMG1", it does nothing.
2) If you right click on an image and select "export as RAW", a dialog box to choose the file name appears. If you click cancel in that dialog box, the image is still exported.
3) The option to "export as IMG1" appears for every item in the list, even non images (sounds, ...).

Would you share the information you have on the data in the raw items 558-562 ? Or share the source code of your program?
I would like to document all these things, combined with the research that Charlatan has already done on item 558.

Anyway, many thanks for this new powerful tool !
rain`
Artisan

Post by rain` »

right clicking and exporting/importing was never finished *eek* thats one part of the program that simply slipped through (oops).

"Found the first bug, it won't load my custom graphics.dat -- it fails at item #6, which in fact is the image that caused this bug in CSBWIN: " If you wouldn't mind sending me the graphics.dat file so I can do some testing on it, i'd appreciate it. Also, there was a bug in DMExtract v1.00 which caused the scroll (credits) image to sometimes be encoded in such a way where upon decoding it would overflow the 'buffer' if the buffer was not big enough to support it. If you used DMExtract v1.00 to extract and compile that graphics.dat file it very well could require a quick repair. DMExtract v1.01 fixed the problem I think though. Anyway, send me the graphics.dat file and I'll see whats happening? email is rain@qwplayers.org,
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

`Rain, I am already using ver 1.01 of DMExtract and the problem remains. I'll send you the graphics.dat so you can see the problem.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”