People in chat

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

People in chat

Post by Ameena »

Would it be possible to have a thingy on the forum which shows how many people are in chat? Atm if you're not in chat and you want to see if there's anyone there, you have to open it up. If people in chat want you to come to chat they have to either hope you log into it, or send you a PM asking you to do so and hope you haven't already logged off.
Just would be nice to go into the forum and see "2 people are in chat" so you can think "ooh cool" and check in :).
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I think this would be a really good idea, I am sure it would encourage people to come into the chat more often. Don't know if it can be simply done, though.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Have no idea -- I just attached the chat thing into the forum. Your suggesstion sounds like I would need to expend effort which I'm not keen on right now. ;)