"System Error 50 Cannot find DUNGEON.DAT"(CSBwin)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

"System Error 50 Cannot find DUNGEON.DAT"(CSBwin)

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I wanted to play my dungeon, but it says "System Error 50 Cannot find DUNGEON.DAT" I quit the game and it's right there, beside CSBWin. I tried my other dungeon, and it worked. I changed the CSBWin to 98 for both of them, I'm not sure what it was at before, and now none work. Does anybody have any suggestions...or need a bit more detail?
Oh, and there's some "New DSA" in the folder of one of them too...does this possibly have anything to do with it?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

When you say 'you changed both to 98' you mean you downloaded the 9.8 version from the DM Encyclopaedia?
Remember, Paul updates the engine alot with new features and puts these beta releases up on his own site - I would donwload the latest versions from there (check the dates) since you have definitely been editing them with a recent version of CSBuild, and the engine and editor tend to tie together

The 'new DSA' thing - is it a .txt text? Sounds like you exported a DSA called 'New DSA' using CSBuild if so. And yes, I think exporting DSAs is a newer feature of CSBuild
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

New DSA isn't a .txt, it's the windows icon, like the dungeon.dat and those things. I see where you're getting that, I did import a DSA into this dungeon, so that might be why it's there. No it wasn't called New DSA...
Actually, I didn't just download it again, I have it extracted to a special folder, then I updated (well, not really updated!) it by copying it from there. I don't know why I didn't think of updating it...I think I thought there was something wrong with that or something...but I'll try updating it slowly to find the lowest it works on.