import problems...

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
workingclasswhore
Neophyte

import problems...

Post by workingclasswhore »

hey everybody... i'm pretty new to this stuff here, but i am sooooo happy to meet people who love this game. okay, i was one of the amiga players in the early 90's... two weeks ago or something, i downloaded the dm-java remake and finished it a few days later... now i want to import my characters from dmjava to chaos strikes back. is there any chance to manage that? i have to ask you guys, cuz i am pretty helpless with computers and stuff... thanks so far.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don't think so in DMJava - sorry!
You can always use the editor to alter some mirros so they resemble your other party
workingclasswhore
Neophyte

thats what i expected... thanks anyway. this whole thing here is pretty cool.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

workingclass, did you played some RTC or CSBwin customs? check out the "custom dungeons" forum here /"list of dungeons" thread/!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
workingclasswhore
Neophyte

okay... anther problem... as i already said, i am not very skilled in these computer things... i seem to have another problem. i "edited" the charactes in the original dungeon master version as far as i trained them in dmjava... then i saved. so i have a dungeonmaster-savegame wich has the ending *.dat
unfortunately i am not able to import this file to chaos strikes back. as far as i can remember was there no such problem on good old amiga, but the pc-version of chaos strikes back tells me that no savegame was found... all i have to do is stick the savegame in the root folder, or am i wrong?
it would be pretty nice of you guys to help me, even it is not important for the next week... i have a really really hard test with my pharmacy studies next week, so i really have not that much time to play. well, thanks anyway.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

the file needs to be called csbgame.dat
In case you took a savegame from DM PC, CSBwin cannot open it directly: o open it with CSBuild first, which will convert it, then save it.
workingclasswhore
Neophyte

now i got it... thanks a lot....