Deutschland ist Weltmeister!

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Deutschland ist Weltmeister!

Post by Trantor »

...well, not yet, and I actually doubt they will become it, but at least the first step is done. ;)

So, is there anyone here like me who will spend the next 4 weeks mostly with watching football/soccer? If so, who do you think will win? My money is on Brazil, once again.

Oh, and to all UKies out there: In 1966, the ball was NOT in! :P
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

Of course, I won't talk about France-Germany 1982...
;)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Oh Mann, fast 2 Stunden wie bekloppt hupende, die Innenstadt blockierende Autos. Hey Leute, das ist voll peinlich, es war nur die Vorrunde, hallo, kriegt Euch mal wieder ein!
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Na, ein Glück, daß ich hier in einer Kleinstadt wohne, hier war alles recht ruhig und friedlich...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yep, Brazil.

We'll give that goal back Trant... 3-2 is good enough ;-)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

You know as good as I do that there never would have been a fourth goal without that third one. ;) Oh, and it was irregular anyway, as spectators were already on the field. :P
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I thought Germany's defence looked a bit suspect today and they might well be found out against stronger opponents than Costa Rica. Some cracking goals though. Best opening game for years.

I think Poland will give them a tough game. They were both out of sorts and unlucky against Ecuador. They were impressive in the qualifiers and have to rediscover their form against Germany, else it's goodnight Warzarwa.

There's been a bit of talk about England v Sweden being after the conclusion of group A, so both teams may want to lose if Germany don't win the group. This won't happen. At least I don't think it will...
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Pfft, Poland...

Actually, I wouldn't count USA out. Yeah, yeah, but they are getting better every year. ;)
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

USA have a tough group with Italy, Czech Republic and Ghana to play. However, according to the FIFA world rankings, they should have no problems :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I have absolutely no interest in football whatsoever, even the World Cup, though I'm sure if England manage to get anywhere decent then I may watch some of the later games.

Alternatively, I may take the opportunity to chat up all the bored women, left to entertain themselves while their men turn into apes for a few weeks... ;)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Likewise, I don't give a smeg about the Football. I don't find anything interesting about a bunch of blokes running around a field kicking a ball while several thousand people shout at them. Not only that, but there seems something inherently wrong with these blokes being paid several million quid to do their running around, while there's a whole bunch of people who can't even afford stuff like...food.
Anyway, yeah, I kinda hope England [i[don't[/i] do well, 'cause then maybe they'll stop publicising it so much and stuff - every time I watch something on telly atm, every ad break there's always an advert for something which squeezes in a Football reference somehow.
Hopefully they won't cancel the decent programs for it like they normally do...well atm the only thing I'm watching is Doctor Who and as far as I know that's on at the normal time tonight :).
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ah finally, at home! People who also don't like soccer/football! This must be heaven!
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Trantor wrote:Oh, and it was irregular anyway, as spectators were already on the field. :P
Apparantly, they thought it was all over... :wink:
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

no need to argue about a single world cup title...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Though I can appreciate a few minutes of watching soccer of quality, I don't care at all about the world championship. However, a yelling and bouncing girlfriend when Argentina makes a goal is sweet to watch ^ ^

Take these 22 blokes. Add an oppressing low ceiling and turn out the light. Replace grass by harsh stone. Add a few pits here, put random fireball shooters there. Now we're talking sport!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

And a dragon! You gotta have a dragon! How else you gonna get those wonderful growly-crunchy noises? :D
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Des wrote (about Germany):
I think Poland will give them a tough game.
I could bet all my money that Germany will win the match, just maybe with a little troubles from us. That`ll be piece of cake seeing how many stupid errors we did with Ecquador. I won`t watch the match with Germany not to get MAD seeing situations we loose last match. Yes, I`ll go to the pub that day, but only to watch Tunisia - S. Arabia match (wchich I don`t absolutely care) with my friends from Syria and that`s it!
Des, was it a kind of joke? I can tell you right now a whole story: Poland will attack furious and very fast, as long we have nothing to loose, making a lot of silly mistakes, wchich would cause a lot of chances for the Germans... But well, this is only a football.. why am I so excited? ;) anyway, 3:1 for Germans - this is my bet.
Trant? Lunever? what are your bets for that mach?

oh, and the winner of the world cup would be Brasil, no doubts :D
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

3:1 sounds like a possible result, but I'm not that convinced of Germany's power. Costa Rica had exactly two chances - and they made two goals. The German defense isn't exactly hot, so Poland might have a chance. I'm surprised that you trust "your" team so little Adamo, you sound almost German in that. ;) Anyway, I expect Germany to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Poland won. We'll know more in 48 hours...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, there is something inherently wrong when you go to a huge metal festival and there is a ****ing big screen playing football behind you :( And huge bands congratulating england : (

Also, for the first time ever I am a scot in england during a world cup...it was bad enough having to avoid evrey single smug reerence on the 'british' news and TV 24/7 in scotland let along being deep in it here!

Heh, not that I am bitter or anything!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I'm surprised that you trust "your" team so little Adamo, you sound almost German in that.
have you seen our last match with Ecquador ?? let`s be realistic - we have a lot of weak points: especially the teamwork, as usual. No chances even for a draw with Germany IMHO, especially, that you`re organising the cup :evil: :evil: :evil:

I`ve got enough of football. What a stupid game :evil: :evil: :evil:
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Verokh
Apprentice

Post by Verokh »

Oh my god, I hated soccer (well, every sort of sports) since I first heard about it and don't care about the worldcup. I'll be so glad after the 4 weeks are over and everyone will come down from their silly trip. Not to mention the traffic chaos, those smacktards will cause and the overpriced merchandising crap, flooding the shops (football shaped sausage, football shaped noodles, foodball shaped sweets, football shaped everything *argh*)...

Most people don't care for the sake of the worldcup itself. For them it's just another reason to get drunk, behave like retarted apes in the public and wake up the next morning with the biggest headache they ever had in their own vomit ;)

Yeah, maybe it sounds weird, but I don't care who wins the worldcup. If germany wins, fine! If brazil makes it, I can live with it! France on top? It won't kill me! As long as it ends this misery :lol:

ICH DREH DURCH!!!!!! WM2006 go home!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

it's just another reason to get drunk, behave like retarted apes in the public
are you talking about British fans, or Polish? or both? ;)

I HATE FOOTBALL since we loose with Equador !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I've been glued to the World Cup (ouch!) and it's been very entertaining so far. As for my comments about Poland - no joke. I realise they have never beaten Germany, and they were crap against Ecuador, but I still think they've got a decent chance provided they can get their butts in gear and exploit Germany's suspect defence. Being a Southampton fan I'd like to see Raziak get a go at doing just that.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Germany will win 3-2 following my bets ;)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Good win for Germany!

While I think some of the world cup is OTT, you don't have to watch it and can avoid threads like this ;-)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Unfortunately if you watch any telly at all, you can't seem to avoid the constant spammage of adverts and free offers etc about it :P.
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

PaulH wrote:Good win for Germany!
Ha, take that Poland.

Poor Adamo... :razz:
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

hey, at least we were playing soccer, not the droughts as USA with Chechs ;)

we loose with honour :cry:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Tough titties Poland, but well done Ingerland! The result was never in doubt.. :oops:
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I haven't seen the match, but my father told me that England was VERY lucky. What's wrong with you guys from the isle?

Generally, I am quite surprised how many of the "big names" were disappointing until now - England, France, the Netherlands, even Brazil...