Only Wallset "Default" available?

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daecon
Expert

Only Wallset "Default" available?

Post by Daecon »

Every time I start a new dungeon in the editor, or open any file except the Dungeon Master 2 demo, it never gives me the option of choosing another wallset except the Default one.

Is that intentional, will it mean that I'd have to open the DM2 demo and edit it just to be able to access the cave or stone wallsets?
KlausM
Novice

Post by KlausM »

There are only the single bitmaps included instead of the complete wallset.

You can easily recreate the dm2 wallsets by following this steps:

1. click Resources->Create New Wallsets
2. click 'Clone'

Now you have the possibility to change every single bitmap.
You find all wallset-bitmaps in '1 scaling (medium)'.

You have to change every bitmap, e.g. you want the stone wallset, replace the BITMAP_WALL_FRONT1 with BITMAP_WALL_STONE_FRONT1 and so on.

Klaus
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's easier than that -- just copy the [wallset] text from the DM2 demo file into your dungeon file.

By default, in the editor, the bitmaps are already defined, but the wallsets themselves aren't. Don't recreate work, just rip off what GG has already done! ;)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

booooo, that's baaaaad :P
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Why? That's the whole point of GG putting the DM2 bitmaps in the data files! :roll:
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Well it means having to manually copy the text from the DM2.txt file and paste it into your saved Dungeon, so you can load it up in the editor again to be able to use the new Wallsets, as opposed to them already being in there for you to select right from the start like you can with prety much everything else that's DM2 like such as portraits and monsters and floor/wall items.

Not that it's really that much of a worry, just annoying if you forget to do that while you're in the middle of setting a level up.

Which reminds me, the DM2 portraits aren't look-at-able in the Portraits folder of RTC like the DM and DM Enhanced and CSB portraits are.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Seems a shame to by default bloat everyone's custom dungeon with all the DM2 wallsets that will eventually be available just so you can select your wallset in the editor right away!

Cut and pasting seems so much cleaner if you want it : )
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I still think that a more library-like structure as recently suggested by Copperman would be very useful.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
copperman
Um Master

Post by copperman »

Indeed, a library and incluse system for wallsets and te like could be used to control bloat.
Don't be scene or herd!
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

I really should bookmark these threads.

For the last two days I've been trying to figure out a way of importing the Cave wallset from DMII and the Sandstone wallset from the "Labyrinth" RTC Demo into a new dungeon I started.

Remembering the advice about copy/paste in .txt files would have made me a lot less stressed!

:roll:

Oh yeah, and copy/pasting the Add New Bitmaps section otherwise the Editor wont know what the wallset is supposed to look like...