flooritem over flooritem

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

flooritem over flooritem

Post by linflas »

It seems that the ordered list on a tile doesn't affect the way flooritems are displayed but it works fine with objects, so that you can hide a coin under ashes for example.
In my previous example,the grass flooritem can't be displayed "over" the rock except if i make special bitmap with both of them.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

The draw order in the scenario you need is a bit complex - but can be manipulated to suit your needs!

Specifically, floor items are usually drawn first (because they're on the floor and so everything else is "on top"). However, pillars are drawn mid-way through (because ordinary objects to the rear of the tile need to appear "behind" it, and ones at the front of the tile "on top").

What you need to do to get the grass on top of the rock without drawing any new bitmaps is to create another object "grassy pillar" and put it on the same tile as your rock...that way it will be drawn after the rock, and it's "pillar-ness" won't make any difference (because the tile is already blocked by the rock).
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »