Fireball strength

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trakl
Journeyman

Fireball strength

Post by Trakl »

Another problem (geeez.... I'm giving away all those cool surprises...)

So there it is again:

******** Possible SPOILER! ***********

I realized that fireballs tend to fade away over a distance - that does not apply to shooter-cast fireballs.
I need something to refresh the fireballs cast against a teleporter, so it captures the spells and releases it when the teleporter is turned off.

Is that possible?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes

I know you are excited by alot of new ideas, but I really think it would help you alot to open the editor, and just look at all the actions inb turn and compare, either with sophia's guide or by playing with them.

Even just take a day and you woudn't have to spoil alot of mechanics

For the fireball, you have an opby spell for a trigger - trigger a relay that swpas out the fireball to nothign, increments the counter. Switching off the teleporter queries the counter and fires a new fireball

This is therory, another reason for you to play with it yourself!
Trakl
Journeyman

Post by Trakl »

Thanks, but I wouldn't ask if I hadn't played a lot with those relay mechanics. Some thinks won't work even where they should, that is the problem...

Well... I'll try your version. One question: how can I create as many fireballs on the ONE tile as went into the teleporter before?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not relays - you might be missing triggers and simpler things (such as spell opby). Counter quries are sophia's speciality, but somehing clever with those