[Not a bug] Wolves / Gems in DMII

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
billgus
Journeyman

Post by billgus »

I was in the wolf area and had one trot up to me. Remembering DM2 that they nip you for maybe 5 HP, I waited to see how a RTC wolf worked. It went nip for 50+ HP and almost killed the character.

Also, when an RTC wolf dies, they howl. It is suppose to be when they get hurt that the howlwas to summon more = the pack. You want to kill a wolf very quickly so it doesn't have time to howl.
billgus
Journeyman

Post by billgus »

Question: what is the regeneration time of the green gems? In DM2, they come back after a while - so it pays to go around on a harvest run.

In DM2, the blue gems on the lowest level don't seem to regenerate. Looking at RTC's version, I spotted a 'sub-quest' "Harvest all the Gems". Maybe the two blue gems are considered a sub-quest and so don't regenerate.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You are misremembering billius, wolves are nasty in PC DM2 or RTC - I know as I am playing them side by side

GG has made a differnt algorithmn for gem regeneration, or a different method
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

As beowuuf said, this is working as designed.
billgus
Journeyman

Post by billgus »

OK. It sounds like I need to get my copy of DOSBox out and find IBM-DM2.

GG:
Keep up the great work!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Note that I said it was working as designed, not working identically to the original game did.

There are some subtle differences between the two versions (hopefully, all for the better). In particular, that applies to the gems :wink:
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

as you wish Billious, but do you really want to explore DM2 dungeon with #$@%# double sidesteps?
There are some subtle differences between the two versions (hopefully, all for the better).
I woudn`t say it`s a "subtle" difference; it`s a great feature, comparing to the original DM2! As an old DM-purist, I always considered the DM2 double-sidesteps as a heresion :x
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)