sliding block puzzle

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
clem
Novice

sliding block puzzle

Post by clem »

I am trying to give the so-called movable wall the behavior of the DMII pushable table. (As far as I can tell, the default is destroyable but not really movable.) I hope to use this to make a sliding block puzzle that the player must solve to reach certain rooms. Unfortunately, I don't understand how the tables are working. Would it be better to clone the table and change the look or clone the wall and change the behavior? Any tips on how? Also, what would I have to do, if anything, to get magic maps to track the current state of the puzzle?
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

I think it's easier to clone the table and change the look.
BUT: A table is just on the lower half solid. the upper part let all flying things passing by - which would a wall never do. I don't know how to change the behaviour to get the right effect.

THOM
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sophai's been here and done that with her 'ore storage' in reactor. But it's quite complex.

The tables are working by clicking on them creating a move action. You odn't want to clone the tables, you want to assign the table behaviour (look in the .txt fle through notepad) to the fake wall, and if that doens't work then use a cloned graphics pillar, creature, or anything with the click option in the tab menu