doors and monster generators!!!

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
rob3034
Craftsman

doors and monster generators!!!

Post by rob3034 »

Hi, i am new to RTC, and i think that its amazing. jst been trying to edit a few dungeons, and this is sounds really stupid and basic.....

but...
i put a monster generator in a given square, but it doesnt seem to generate any monsters!!! and ideas???

and....

how do you associate a lock door with any given key (to open it)!!!

sorry i know these are really basic questions. also is there like a editor of some kind (aside from the rtc editor) to like in the examples when you say eat an apple it opens a door?

any ideas?
many thanks
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You need to target a monster generatopr with an activate effect to have it generate a monster

A wall object can be activated with any item -

I don't understand the last question - if you read sophia's editing guide on relays and action objects it should explain, but really I think you need to take a good look at the basic DM dungeon in an editor to understand how the original is put together - see how coutners and relays work and make almost anythign happen (the original building blocks) and how doors, torch holders, keyholes etc work, before you start looking to deal with the more complex wallitem_actions and the full power of the relay when using conditional parameters

Note that .txt files RTC complies can be viewed through a text editor, and the syntax is qute clear to let you see what is activating what
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

ok, thanks, where can i find sophia's editing guide?

yeah what you say is exactly what im looking for (how counters/ relays work ,and how doors torch holders, keyholes work)

is all this information found in sophia's editing guide?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Her editing guide covers the general commands and object types.
If you look two posts up it is stickied in this forum with a download link

The DM dungeon itself shows you how to do the basica things you need ...look at the first locked door, the first torch holder. Look at the two lever puzzle (press two levers to open a door) to see counters working, look at levlel four (the worm rooms) to see how the worm generators work, etc.

Relays at their basic (what you will use) simply take an activation and turn it into another type of activation, or target more items. For example you may have something that requires, when you press a button you want a counter to be increased and another decresed. You would target the to be increased increased and a relay, the relay then sending the opposite signal forward to the to be decreased counter. Or, you may wish a button press to open 16 doors. The button press would target two relays, and each relay opens 8 doors.

When you get more into it, a relay can then look for a condition and only be activated if that condition matches the target condition
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

many thanks! i will have a play around.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

could be Sophia`s editing guide added to RTC, when you download it?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Well, considering it would be out of date each time GG uploads a new version ... : )