Flash artist, Flash programmer out there somewhere!!!

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mindstone
Adept

Flash artist, Flash programmer out there somewhere!!!

Post by Mindstone »

Dear Dungeon-master.com forum user.

If you know of anyone who does art for things like flash games, and/or anyone who could programme said flash game, do not hesitate to tell moi!

Thank you.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

what kind of game are you talking? I've been planning on doing a simple flash game myself once I get some free time. Which should be after this week. I was talking to my fiancee about it being a little joint project.

If you need to know where to find the resources, or tutorials. I have a number of them, as I teach flash for animation every summer. :)
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

cowsmanaut wrote:what kind of game are you talking? I've been planning on doing a simple flash game myself once I get some free time. Which should be after this week. I was talking to my fiancee about it being a little joint project.

If you need to know where to find the resources, or tutorials. I have a number of them, as I teach flash for animation every summer. :)
I'm talking a hack'n'slash!

I've seen your work around the forum Cows, quite the artist.

What flash game do you have in mind? I have some experience in playtesting and occasionally coming up with great ideas to help people out!

Could you give me a link or two to a programmer plz? I'm working with a friend and we are looking to hire someone, possibly in a month or two.

Cheers champ.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

"hire" implies pay. I can put you towards a few sites with tutorials, but those people I know who can code in flash, are already gainfully employed doing so ;)

www.tutorialized.com

www.flashkit.com

both of these contain lot's of resources on art, and code, as well as resources of flashkit which also include sounds, musics, etc.

As for my plan, I was debating a platformer.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Flash artist, Flash programmer out there somewhere!!!

Post by Gambit37 »

DMDM wrote:Dear Dungeon-master.com forum user.

If you know of anyone who does art for things like flash games, and/or anyone who could programme said flash game, do not hesitate to tell moi!

Thank you.
Huh? This sounds like you're asking someone to do all your hard work? This is for pay, right?
Mindstone
Adept

Re: Flash artist, Flash programmer out there somewhere!!!

Post by Mindstone »

Gambit37 wrote: Huh? This sounds like you're asking someone to do all your hard work? This is for pay, right?
Yep, for hard currency or pixie dust.

Thanks for the resources Cowsmanut, I'll check them out.

There do seem to be alot of platformers out there, I hope you have ideas to make it stand out from the rest!

Also, have you considered how to distribute it? The team I was working with made a game for mobile phones last year, and distribution was (and still is) an absolute bitch.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Penny Arcade set up the site for game distribution along with Ho0thead games. Depends the size of your game and what you want from it, but if it's a sizeable piece:

http://www.playgreenhouse.com/