Kill red Dragon in 1 shoot is possible

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

In DM can chaos teleport over the square which stop monsters from leaving the room full of demons and black flames? 12,36,41 or 12,37,41 i think the square is. If so then you could make him follow you, or war cry him to the room at 12,35,31, then freeze him, then jump on his head from 11,31,31, making it impossible to win....would it work?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

there are two sets of teleporters on bboth of the corridors, to block chaos teleporting aswell
For some reason i am sure the not used lord orders can infact jump a square further than chaos...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Beowuuf, is that effect also existent in CSBwin?

Regards, PitD
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

not sure, i think some of the lord orders are moving around in that area of conflux....
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I actually meant the "monster on the stairs coexisting" part - some people have been writing simultaneously obviously so my answer was further back than intended.

Regards, PitD
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

As a sidenote, you can also kill the dragon in one fell swoop if you close the false wall behind the winged keyhole when he is in that square. Interestingly, you only get one dragonsteak using that method. I guess it's a really huge streak :lol: :P :roll:
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, interesting, i always thought that the monster behaved normally! certainly starting in a false wall monsters ignore them and walk on : )
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I made a dungeon with lots of teleporters in the first level after "Hallway of Champions"(That's what I called it because it was a hallway). There is a little hallway, 3 spaces long, and a hallway restricted to party beside. A screamer is here, right beside the teleporter restricting the party, also beside a teleporter destination. Sometimes, while checking it out, I'd teleport there and squash the screamer. A key would be on the ground as well as (a) screamer slice(s).
Seeyeah
8:27 PM over here.
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
Demon of Darkness
Neophyte

Post by Demon of Darkness »

Level 13

Level 12

i play DM version 3.6 on Amiga 2000 computer , yes bug still exist ;)

have fun :P
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

That might work. I am in Dragon's Lair right now and I have one g box left, it might take a few tries. I could probably run fast enough, you should of seen me run when I grabbed the firestaff and the Stone Golems were released!
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

It was scary, I hit a wall on my way up going so fast, and I saw Chaos beside me when I was running at pit, but when I jumped down, there were steaks. Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now I deal with Chaos and Demons.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Thats the easy way of killing him! Stand in front of him and don't move: trade blows. It CAN be done...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Bah, that's easy (especially if you have just one guy with lots of health potions) - try that with a four set of knights - that's harder!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Try that with a stone golem! They just smash you to pieces.. impossible
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nah, stone golems are easier usually, they do slow damage - knights, especially a group of them, are raining blows - that's up to four hits to a golem's one!
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

I'm with Beo, groups of knights can be very tough. Sucinum's Matrix in Imprisonned Again was <sarcasm>so much fun</sarcasm> !

PS : Hey I'm Lo Master, didn't even notice until now !
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Oh. Yeah. You are right.
I remember that passageway in csb. Not nice.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Don't worry, you are right, golems aren't much fun either...especially not certain golems *twitch* in certain dungeons *twitch* that I just killed *twitch* Bloody guardian! *twitch*
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I like certain invisible monsters, especially when said monsters appear in muktiples on one tile which they actually can't... :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Exactly *twitch* makes them much faster in hitting and more likely to thump you one or two as you dance around!
Simon
Artisan

Post by Simon »

I tried doing this to kill the dragon, I froze it and ran up and jumped, but the dragon had moved. I concluded the freeze box didn't work on the dragon.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

When? Freeze boxes don't last long, plus if you use RTC I think it might even move critters from under pits....I forget...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Interestingly, Andy Jaros states that the 'landing zone' bug was fixed in later versions of DM, but I don't know which one or what the fix is. maybe it's that freeze life only applies to the level you're on, not the level you cast it on? Or maybe it automatically moves the dragon if you jump through a pit.?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Maybe they moved the pit to fix the bug? But then they realize they had to move the pits nearby to still allow a way through, which led to move the flames also, oh yeah and maybe the dragon shouldn't be there after all, let's put it somewhere else, yeah, and what about if lord Chaos was on the top of the dungeon indeed? yeah!, and so on until the bug fix came out as CSB.
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

:lol: Excellent ! :lol:
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Actually, refering to the conversation no one knows when because it's been a while since this has been replied to about killing chaos with the pit thing, I am making a dungeon where you have to kill Chaos. Just incase you were sleeping earlier, I will put pits in the level above for you to jump down.
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Nice one, you just spoiled the ending of a game that hasn't even been created yet ! ;) :lol:
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Woops! :oops: :!: Actually, I am not going to do that. I just went back and read my story and it says fuse, and that is what I'm going to do. I forgot about an event earlier that is important for this objective.