Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Crashone
Apprentice

Re: Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Post by Crashone »

by the way:
Water Elemental 4841 0 0 0 600 4237 4

there are lot of people in sewers ^^
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Holy damn... yeah Serwers are borked right now. I can't progress into the "BEWARE OF THIEVES" area. There are numerous Leeches blocking my advance. And by numerous I mean... At least 150?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Water elementals are constantly generated and killed in the sewers, that's why they're so upset.
yossarian161
Neophyte

Post by yossarian161 »

The maps in the conflux wiki page no longer seem to work -

http://dmwiki.atomas.com/wiki/Conflux/Levels

Couldn't find much direct contact info there, so just posting here in case someone notices
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

yossarian161 wrote:The maps in the conflux wiki page no longer seem to work -

http://dmwiki.atomas.com/wiki/Conflux/Levels

Couldn't find much direct contact info there, so just posting here in case someone notices
They don't work with firefox. Try google chrome until someone (?) fixes this up !
What Is Your Quest ?
yossarian161
Neophyte

Post by yossarian161 »

cheers, thanks for the help
pacific
Neophyte

Post by pacific »

Hello, i'm new on this forum, and i want to play to new dongeon.. i see Conflux. Ok i try, i see news sounds, news monsters.... Woow.
But i have a probleme, spell of Dm and CSB seems no work. How can i do fireball with Wizards ? and why i can go trough the third door of gild mage ?

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english language.

Best regards
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Hi pacific, welcome to the forums. :) Enjoy your stay here.

Conflux is designed to be different from DM. Many spells don't work or have different runes. Also, there are many new spells.
You must unlock the Fireball spell before you can use it. Keep playing, and you will find it. Good luck!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcoem to the forums!

You need to unlock the third door to unlock the spell! Enjoy using some of the other ones for a while :) Corbums are around, keep looking (the temple level is tough but has a few)
pacific
Neophyte

Post by pacific »

ok Thanks.

Just a last question where can i post bugs on conflux ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

last time zyx picked them up from here, or PM him directly
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yes, contact me in pm (you can write in french if you want) or post direcly here if you're not sure this is a bug.
As for the spells, read the docs in the docs folder of conflux, you'll gain some insights.
Kid_A
Apprentice

Post by Kid_A »

Hello here,

I've found a bug (.dat or csbwin, no idea) in the crypt lvl.

I've killed the
Spoiler
Dark Counc. I go to the stair of ashes to put the powergem to open the door.
The game hang (system error) when I face the Vecna-like monster.

Do you need a svg or something else ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yes, please send. bprieu *atchoum * gmail *snirfll* com.
I'll forward to Paul if needed. It may take a while before fixing, though, maybe one week, because I'm travelling.
Ellworm
Neophyte

Post by Ellworm »

Hello all,

I'm currently playing to Conflux 3.5b4 (tx Zyx for your creation) and I have found a bug.

It happen where you click in an altar a scroll of ressurection and some bones, after this on another altar which let us ears a voice saying we'll be his recipient when i approach the Vi altar it crash with this message :

Is-it possible to fix?

Thanks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It sounds like a bug in the DSA code (a variable has been missed out)

Zyx was travelling last week (or this week) but if he can find the code bit, I believe he can fix the saved game...perhaps..
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

A bug linked to the lich. Send me your savegame, I'll fix it.
Ellworm
Neophyte

Post by Ellworm »

Thanks for your kindness Zyx.

Here is my save : http://www.2shared.com/file/a8noFJ23/csbgame3.html

I have this kind of bug two times, when i try to fight Veckna the lich and also when i click on the altar which say that i will be a recipient for some kind of daemon. The two things are linked together?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Ellworm
Neophyte

Post by Ellworm »

Thanks Zyx,

Indeed it's fixed. But Vecna is unbeatable ...

With Caliburn and my branch I can barely do 14 of damages ...

But I have killed the one who appeared near the altar with the demonic voice in one shoot.

I was wondering if i can do something with the bone I have found near by. On the scroll was saying that a powerfull mage has something to teach me ... but what ? Is it connected with Vecna ?

A lich can't be killed directly, first you'll have to broke is "phylactere" (where his soul is contained) ... (dunno if this term exist in english which is not my mother tongue) Could you help me ?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I can't help with the game issue but I can tell you it's "phylactery" in English-- so not that far off at all. :)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Her phylactery is hidden somewhere in the real world and she threatened to curse my family if I reveal its location.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I have the same DSA crash as Ellworm. Gonna send you the Savegame file today.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Okay now this is weird. During my normal playtime, when I was fetching
Spoiler
the holy armour from the council level
, suddenly I got "SPELL UNLOCKED" effect and message. I didn't pick up any scroll or done nothing significant other than resting... odd.
Eotorm
Neophyte

Post by Eotorm »

Hello everybody, first post here.

First, i'd like to thanks Conflux team, they really create a masterpiece. Beats all modern pre-chewed so called Rpg.
For the record, i never finished original DM (max niv 10 or so, materializers : too repetitive, and the grey on grey skeleton keys make me mad), and never survived more than 10 (perhaps 5 ^_^) minutes on CSB.
Of course, Conflux is extremely difficult for me. I encounter a fews problems i cannot find solution in this thread.

THE STORY : I wanted the rope near the begining, in a place with two fontains, so i go down. After I flee like mad after, going down and down then up, trhough levels running like a decapitated chicken. For 5 or 6 hours perhaps. Could not understand most of the riddles, nor all the pressure plates, i had to RUN !!!I
It was a very stressful but enjoyable feeling of dongeon crawling.

I found Darc Shield, vorpal blade, a few keys, and ELEVATOR ! So i'm finaly back at guild level.

So QUESTIons :
1 - I've seen many leeches in the sewers, many spiders in their lair. Is it possible i activate some infinte generator ?
Some small wizards even manage to follow me in the guild level !
Do i have to start again ? Did i screw my game ? :roll:
2 - My caracters are sick, they cough, the attack button is not usable sometimes. What makes me sick ? (i've bean bitten by so many things...)
I don't have a single flask. It's normal to not be able to get potions ? how do i train ? (i"ve seen people sending saves to get healed, that the solution ?)
3 - i've casted the ZO spell many times, to train my casters. Then i read it's a curse. i read the cure is the high priest, but he is one shoting my group with a big laugh.
4 - I read about "training" caracters, you just need to bash and trhow things, or actually need to damage ? Ive tried on a door but it take AGES to get just one level. There is a trick ? a place to train ? You need wisdom to learn better (i think the shield of drac give me 0 wis)? i'm affraid to burn food and get stuck later again.
5 - for now i've found 3 spells : stamina potion, fire, and venom cloud. Is it supposed to be this way ?
6 - is there a recommandation in an order to do things ? I give the map of the fountain of wisdom for the door of answers, but after i read you need it to recover the lost wand... screawed again ?
7 - i've read about rustted weapons. Sometimes in combat i hear big metal noise from my weapon. What is it ? Where i can repair them ?

I've seek a lot of answers already in the forum. Sorry for my questions, that must appears really ridiculous for all experienced players playing with one caracter and competing for points. I would really use help with no shame for this game, like list of spells or place to leveling up people against a wall. :shock:
My main question is : with the zo spell, all the opening of gates and teleport, the time lost wandering, did i srew this game ?
oh and i forget, my only solid key was stealed long ago in a unknow place...

Congrats again for this game, and thanks for reading me. :D
Eo--

ps : sorry for the english.
PS : perhaps u can had a "DONT DO" list can be helpfull for the first "newbie" post of Beowulff in page 1.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's all one man mostly, zyx, that created the game! Backed up by Paul Steven's engine.

Rope:
Spoiler
When trapped by the pits, note there was a pressure pad outside the door...
Infinite monsters: There might be an issue. Zyx will have to say about that.

Potions: Flasks are in short supply to start off with. There is a quest in the cellar to get a flask, that you missed by rushing downwards too fast. If you have visited the spider level, you might have one of the items needed already.

Training: Discouraged in conflux. You cannot get too high in each class unless you open the guilds, using the guild items needed (throwing stars, maces, corbums and staves)

Spells: Some spells are simply different and can still be found by experimentation. For example,
Spoiler
if you see the VI altar you might realise the new health spell
. A rare few have stayed the same. Others common ones require finding the scroll to unlock the spell aswell. They are scattered around.

Way to do things: Conflux is so large that you can do things in any order, really. You tend to find that doing things on a higher dungeon level is easier than going down, but it is up to you. Puzzles don'#t tend to block other puzzles too much.

Repairing weapons:
Spoiler
The dwarf forge. You need to gain access to it, and it's not throguh the normal doors!

By the way, the ZO spell doe not open doors anymore, and is not a good spell to use! The solid key was probably stolen by a gioggler (sewer level?), and I'd get that one back if I were you... I seem to recall it being very useful.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

many spiders in their lair
I fear this might be the same kind of a problem I've encountered in the sewers with monster overpopulation, but I'm still doing the council level and haven't bothered much with the crypt or spiders to test that hypothesis.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

1) For the overpopulation problems, send me a savegame, I'll fix it. There should be no way to screw the game.
2) Some monsters can transmit diseases. Time or potions should cure you.
3) Just behind the priest is the solution.
7) weapons should be rusted only if you found rusters. The metal sound is when you make critical damage.

As for the do and don't do: it's a good idea to share tactics, but I'm not sure if there's just one best approach. Each person seems to have different preferences.
Eotorm
Neophyte

Post by Eotorm »

Thanks a lot for your replys !

I manage to understand a lot more, check wiki, this game is amazing but has a severe learning cruve ^_^

Only two thing trouble me for now : water elementals and sickness :

" A new group of heroes get again the Gift of life. Zed had visions of past life to lead him. They advance cautionously in the wine area ( being french, that's the first thing to do !). Many hours passed then and the group get stronger and stronger.
Explore most of the upper level. No doubt the best dongeon ever made, not less. But...

Lets imagine one second a vicious giggler looking at the group, ready to attack him. What is he seing ?
4 guys with armor and weapons. All white and sweating. most of them have uncontroled shaking of the hands (parkinson ?), Gardo the GREAT wizard alternate between vomiting against a wall and a terrible cough. Everybody is drunk, or on mushrooms, or both. Some eat 5 doses of mushroom, but no big hallucinations ( you could had a pink dragon coming to you ^_^) Some want to smoke, but i hav'ent found any hobbit tobaco for now. ( to calm the shaking)

One day, the God from Beyond tell them to sleep to recover. Being lazy bastards with all that booze drinked, they obey.
For days, they sleep, wake up only for eating and drinking some booze, then fall asleep again. No way to get rid of the sickness. No flask, so no way of curing. let's sleep more. Stil coughing....

It's smelling terrible. Days of fever and sweat and still no shower !!
The heroes look like old junkies. The giggler want to flee, for sure."

Pardon me if my story is poor on morality and heroism ^_^

Basicly, what made me think of this little story is my girlfriend, who told me : what's this game you're playing for 3 days non stop ? old smokers group ? i ear only coughing all day, no music. Guess i get used. :roll:

Oh, and a few questions :
1- "narrow path of wisdom", and counterweigh to salvation. I try to fit 2 items in, don't work. any clue ?
2 - Is the magic ring protected by a specter worth it, level 1 ?
3 - Question to Zyx : how is coded armor ? How you know if it's better to wear a ; robe, fine robe, ghi, or silk shirt for exemple O_o Can you give an idea with percentage ?
4 - in general, how you guys know wich item equip to who ? ( like cape, amulets, etc.)

Thanks in advance,
Eo--
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Uh, I think you have the previous version where the sickness couldn't be cured by sleep. You should send me the savegame.
3. the thicker the better, generally. You have no other mean, in game, than testing. But you can edit the graphics.dat file to check the values. Anyway, the differences are not very significant for basic clothes. Maybe some player can enlighten you better.