Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chanis
Apprentice

Re: Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Post by Chanis »

Oooh well. I believed nothing can suprise me after Tower of Champions, but Conflux .. is .. Confusing!!!
Mine version continuously crashes. It is now and then, but it is very annoying. Where I can get latest version?
As i will restart it once again, any hints before I rush in?

I am still wondering what is purpose for "release hell" button...

Is there any good in running less than 4 plp in group?
Ressurect or reincarnate?
Point me to freaking flask!!!!

Thanx for encouraging me to start again!!
Save is your most powerfull spell. It is not fair, but it is effective :)
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

As far as I remember from the old Betas 'Release hell' pretty much did what it said - the food became less nutritious,the water less filling, monsters got harder... It's pretty much "Engage nightmare mode"
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

Ops, apparently not button of first choice. Thank you.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Please send a savegame demonstrating the crash so we can fix it.
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

Any hints for 'counterweight for salvation?'
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not sure I know that area, might be new! What's the surroundings?

If you explore the cellar, you shoudl very quickly find a scroll on one of the walls with a quest for you - all the items should be found on that level, or one level up. And you shoudl get a load of cool things on the way by the tiem you finish the higher level (not the kitchens, btw).

Running less than four people lets you pick more advanced champions later who get the benefit of a certain area or item. However, you need four people about half way througfh, so probably best to just play a four group from the beginning to start with. Once you know the game, you cna find quick ways to do many things, so playign again isn't a chore :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Also, zyx can correct me if I'm wrong, but the latest stable version from a while back is http://cyberskald.com/repository/Conflu ... ugFix5.rar
Ellworm
Neophyte

Post by Ellworm »

Hello all again,

I'm afraid that i'm stuck on the leila maze. I'm strugguling against a smoke monster and cant kill it. He seems to be invulnerable to each of my attacks (spells/weapon). The venom cloud cant even kill him. What can i do to crush him ?

And also i dunno what to do against the riddle "Feed me with anger". I bash the wall with everything i have but nothing happen.

Could you help, please.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah yes, the smoke monster! Hmm, I seem to recall that while not killable, certain tactics work against it - there were ways to slow it down or maybe even make it run for a while. It's not a true monster, so many tactics don't work.

I think 'feed me with anger' is an actual item.
Spoiler
Maybe choker or something?
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

counterweight is close to tombstone mentioning tailors reward. Except for clothes, Kath vinegar there and loooooad of treees .. i feel like woodcuter than adventurer. Finally they stop respawning. I got some cool items for guild level, some sort of gem which can "window" - not sure what is use for it. And whole level is past - maze with rockpiles and minouaur. there are three plated on floor, once you step on it .. they drag yo to hole. You can pick bag with staff on way, alcove is next to it and counterweight lavel on other side.. You drop taking huge damage in the missle of flood level or something dying in few sec. If you place winegar in alcove, pit closes, but just for a sec. Need longer delay to pass it.

Any1 bothered release curse from "poltergeist cursed insects" :)

I also struggle with fountain of ignorance...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The fountain of ignorance looks for kowledge... you probably have a few items that impart knowledge in your backpack :)

I knwo the area (you need those vinegars, etc for the quest for the flask). Hmm, can you send an item ahead of you? I think its a new puzzle in an area I used to know!
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

Hmm i passed pit, but find no use for alcove. At least i was able to pick staff. Hmm i just got idea .. seems i missed something impoprtant .. and i am sure i miss save as well. darn!
Eotorm
Neophyte

Post by Eotorm »

1 - Can you give me advice for the counterweight thing please ? I tried until i cry !
2 - How to kill water elementals lev3 ? and red flying fire balls in lev4 ?

I'm interested too to know if you resurect or reincarnate people !

Beta Bugs section :
I had already 3 times : "Too many logs. Create a new log ?" or something like that. when loading a new game.
The "shining" amulet doesn't create light, it's a bug or a feature ?
Elven armor boots give more max weight (+3kg), but not the jacket or pants.

Eo--
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

- too many logs: each time you play, a log allowing playback is created. After 100 logs, they're deleted and the logging start again. Don't worry.
- shining amulet: if you're at the max of light you won't notice a change. Have you tried in darkness?
- yes, only the boots boost.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. I think the advice is then to leave it! Conflux has many puzzles, and many fun areas to explore. Thinking about it more, perhaps a chest or boulder in this alcove buys you a few seconds to run forward and get the chest, nothing more.

2. Conflux doens't necessarily need to be completed in a logical order. There are vorpal blades available on the water level, and you can get magical staves and the des ew spell (or whatever it is). However, if an area is too tough, do another until you find good spells/items.

Ressurect/reincarnate is a personal choice. For conflux, it perhaps weights better to reincarnate because of the level caps. Though the difficulty of the start maybe means you want all the skills you can get! Certainly reincarnate if you ever find the malificent guild and want to play them :)

- too many logs: the CSBwin engine is creating logs, and generated them each time you start (I think it hates more than 99 logs). You can switch it off in one of the menus. You can also find the logs folder, and just delete the files too.

- shining amulet: not sure, if it doens't have an alternate graphic when worn, it's not the item you think it is.

- evlen clothes: this is working correctly as with DM, only the boots give a small capacity boost. The rest of the elven clothes just look good.

Edit: Double posted with zyx, oops!
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

Uh oh. have to say after some hardcore playing i finally got axe. And it was soo disapointing.. Choping sword do much better. Will give it one more try with katana etc. Any use for guildmaster other than they look tough? I am still freaking low on corbum and strugling with priest item. I have idea, but one i got dont work. Well one more dagger and i can make another try.

High peak of the month: I GOT FLASK :)))))
(followed by I GOT VORPAL BLADE!!!)

Got load og gems without any use.
Any hint for torch, blackpowder and biig exploding stone pass dwarven treasury room?
What i am supposed to do with plasma (i find use for first .. but rest?)
I am quite lost at iron temple level. Shall i kill high priest?

There were maps at wiki? Any maps at all? Any oracle?

At least i can now level some warriors and ninja levels so neverending hack&slash through flood level will have at least some meaning:)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The hack option has swung wildly in different versions between golem slayage and nerfed to a swing. I'm not sure where in the scale it lies now. Still has the melee, which was always the more imprtanrt options to have the axe for.

Guildmasters have their own ending adventures, so are worth taking at some point.

Plasmas didn't really have a prupose except to mark out trails, etc. Oh, and RA doors - but you should be able to make your own eventually :)

And yeah, I'#d kill the high priest, nasty man guarding the EE blessing!

Gems are used much later on for certain areas, bets stockpile for now.

The proper maps were hosted by gambit on his site, and you could access them via password once you find the scroll with the password (ie find the map in game). Does that not still work?

Oh, and about the shining - it does work, I@m starting to play conflux now, and with no torches, it's my only light ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Has it really been so long since I've played this game properly? I love the dedication bits under the priest's guild, I love the new incidental graphics, and when did the guild lock far views get fixed? Lol, there's even bodies, I remember you said you were going to do that. So much to explore I guess :( So many areas I thought I knew I guess I better remember to keep clicking and trying.

Also very sneaky, objects only have the correct options in the right circumstances - like flasks and chewer pods! Evil!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

When you take a guild boss, you grant access to the bonus levels: warrior boss gives you access to the special warrior level, priest boss to the priest level etc. So to fully explore conflux you have to play four times (with four guildes)!
(maybe the maleficient guild has its own secret level too, but I`m definitely not gonna check it ;) )
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Malificent guild does have it's own ending. And you could surely try to open each guild in turn so you can get three leaders the first time through (I don't know, I can't recall the spread of items anymore)
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Malificent guild does have it's own ending.
Is it only a theory or is that actually possible to finish Conflux with maleficient guild? Ok, stupid question; that`s only for crazy maniacs. I guess even Zyx himself couldn`t make it.
And you could surely try to open each guild in turn so you can get three leaders the first time through
We`d have to ask Zyx if there`s enough of "free" items avaliable in the dungeon, but I`m afraid he prevented somehow adding two different bosses to the party. But, if possible, it would indeed be cool. One ordinary character and 3 bosses. Hell yeah!! :twisted:
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I finished back in the day by having Leif aswell. Not attempted it since, but there is an ending, and you could become powerful enough to get to it. Food is infinite in the right places, water is too. There are certain aspects of the newer build that introduce problems. The fact the guilds get capped mean you can't do the easier/actually lit areas (that are hard for the guild) to get your first levels. I'm not suggesting training, I mean the easier areas were goot to do and build up food/levels. Now, you pretty much have to do something pathed. Also, monster splitting is painful, since before you were already tryign to dance around multiple opponents near the start. Some small shortcuts liek the canteen route have also been blocked, so no access to higher levels 'for free' Not sure I'd like to try it.

My comment about limiting the guild access was because there was a block that meant you needed a four party to get to the areaslower than the council. Not sure if that'#s still there, but so far I've opened up the ninja guild, and have two tokens for the fighter one (need the axe) and I've not even done the sewer, spider level nor crypt yet. Nor the sdwarf mine. So yeah, three bosses seems very doable still.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

There is no limitation about the size of party or the number of guild leaders.
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

Hoo hoo hoo, I just figured out last item needed to pass further in guilds. Group still Zed+Leif and is doing pretty fine. I am able slice through all flood&comp. overpopulated levels and now i can - finally cast fireball :]
I have to apologize "axe" for saying choping swords do better. Axe ruled once i get used to it (spiked mace, last weapon seems to beat it). Still looking for some real weapon - perhaps time to check some map-password i have gained on travels. I wonder what i missed.

Any ideas why some items got label "unique"? I mended gloves but they act same way as pair i already have. Zed can finally challenge Leif for fist fight, at least...

I somehow cannot figure out what to do in torture chamber....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Went to moria to get the axe, cause I still have that stupid gap in my conflux knowledge over the fur trader. I am so stupid. A splinter game I killed the dark chancellor, but I couldn't recall the way to get back out again easily, so back to going towards my guild again to unlock the fighter guilld.

I've still barely done anything so far, temple and cellar, and touched base with the council.

The unique items used to be with the main guild members, and were the way the game knew you had that character. Zyx finally freed the code up so the game knows who you have, and their items are now bonus items to find. They can use them best. So, for example, if you find the lockpicks and have Iaido, I think he's much better with them than anyone else. Things liek that.

Most of the torture chamber was 'for fun' last time I played.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Unique items usually have unique properties, sometimes even powers. As you gain priest level, you may discover more hints about them, but usually you can feel the difference with their normal counterparts by using them.
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

I am having problems with crash at Vecna. Where i can send save to check it out? Game crashed when i enter sqare just in front it it/her/whatever.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Send it to zyx, or link it here - i think his e-mail address is on the first page of the copnflux III thread (or the competition thread)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yep, send it at com gmail bprieu
Chanis
Apprentice

Post by Chanis »

Great, thanx. Finally was Vecna able to kick mine ass as was supposed to.