all 4 gents... ARCHMASTER EVERYTHING!

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I personally would prefer more - respect the unkillable monsters! : )
nikki sixx 215
Novice

Post by nikki sixx 215 »

Right... I'm well and truly stuck now, I just passed the bit where you have to put your hands in the holes to get the ash to open the pit... but when I go down the pit I just get killed by the B******DS down there!!!!!! I normally land on 4 and kill them but after that I can only manage to kill 1 or 2 more before getting sliced, I can't make the heal potions quick enough and I have nothing to freeze life?!?!? stuck stuck stuck!!! help help help...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Hmm... this is because you solved the riddle at random. If you didn't give a lot of thoughts into it, then you'll have to fight for freedom. Fair enough? ^ ^

If you can, load the game before solving the ashes riddle and try to do better.

If not, well, it all depends on how much trial and error you did, and how many groups of knights there are...
The room is 3 x 3, so avoid being cornered, dance around them, pickup the objects, and leave through one of the exits quickly.
Try hurling items at them, also, it is very efficient.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That riddle is one of the most perfet logic riddles ever! Take the time to solve it properly : ) Never realsied there was a penalty for not before!
nikki sixx 215
Novice

Post by nikki sixx 215 »

flip ya, I last saved AFTER I did the holes... I wondered what all the clicking was! now the room below is rife with these gents, every space has 4 of them on haha... oh well
nikki sixx 215
Novice

Post by nikki sixx 215 »

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh... yes, I went back to get here again and I re-did the 'holes', this time.. in the right order without making mistakes... now when I go down the pit are only a few gents to kill. I've gotta go out right now but when I get back home I'll kill them all! Zyx you are a genius, your dungeon is a masterpiece... I'll beat this before I beat CSB because to be quite frank this is much more fun!
nikki sixx 215
Novice

Post by nikki sixx 215 »

...christ, help me out someone... I've found myself running around and around and around and I still don't know what I'm doing hahaha I think I'm quite far into the game, I seem to have done loads and loads and loads but I don't know how big dungeon is so I can't tell... there is a door that I can't pass, the club door, I tried the stone and the wooden club but I can't smash it... my head hurts... also how does a man read the blurred writing on the wall??? it's a nightmare city... I got the innocence scroll but it's outdated... hmmmm... the hells is hell but I found the secret way out... damn this place
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

'Blurry' walls don't come into focus, they are dwarf writing usually just for effect.

You can to do the trials of innocence twice - is this what you are doing? The second time through there will be a different event at the end. The hells does have a way out, but that's not the way to complete the trial again (you need to ditch the crown if you are wearing it, or else you will trigger the wrong solution there)

Can you say exactly where the door you can't pass is? Make sure your charatcer that is bashing is on decent stamina, then try fireballs, then check around for a differnt way through. If you have ended up in Moria somehow, then the doors there open differently, but usually there is no door you cannot go the long way aroudn to bypass
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Just listening to you guys talk about this makes me realize that I am never going to play it. Perhaps I'll make BFS play it so I can watch. Ho ho ho!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, or you can just load the timed recording of Antman playing it in 15 minutes!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I think Selie was talking about Conflux... And I'd like to watch a 15 minute run of THAT!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, got confused with another thread on CSB *slaps head*

Ah well, I think anman has done movies of conflux too : )
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

anman has done movies of conflux too
If so, I'd like to have them to put in my "ssh" directory.
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

So, anyone EVER had archmaster in everything? Personally, I think warrior is worst by far. By the time I was 4x master wizard, which ain't especially fast to get, I only had 2x warrior... ouch!

Started DM again after 2 years now, and will try some xping :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Only playing somehting like conflux have a igot close to that in all levels...in general levlling up for the sake of it gets too tedious, especially when you know there is no reward for it
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I agree with Beo here. But in my opinion, the toughest class to level is Ninja. My characters are always worst as Ninjas...
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Well, it would be just for the kicks... I absolutely love DM after 2 year break. All the nowadays' games can kiss my shiny metal ass, this is THE game of ALL ages. I love the graphics, love the whole system. And it's probably the first and only game where I don't mind stupid brain-eating xping :)