EDITOR: Cloned item attack methods not saved

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

EDITOR: Cloned item attack methods not saved

Post by Sophia »

It appears that if you clone an item with three of its own attack methods, and then try to change those methods, they are not saved.

I got this while trying to clone a falchion, and change its attack methods.

Oddly enough, it worked when I cloned an arrow, which only has two methods (throw and stab) so I suspect it has to do with having all three already defined, but I could be completely wrong.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Hmmm - I think there might be more to this than just the number of attack methods (or its something that I've already fixed and forgotten about!).

With V0.35 (which I appreciate you don't have yet) starting with a new dungeon in an editor, I can clone a Falchion, change all the attack methods and then save. Re-loading the save gives the cloned falchion with all the "new" attack methods.

Can you let me know *exactly* what you did to reproduce this and I'll try to do the same thing!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I cloned a falchion, replaced all of its graphics with custom bitmaps, and then tried to change CHOP to THRUST. It seemed to work, so I saved, quit, and reloaded. When I went back into the editor, THRUST had changed back to CHOP. I tried this again and it changed it back again.

Maybe the presence of custom graphics has something to do with it?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Marvellous thanks - all fixed for V0.35

For your interest, the problem wasn't actually to do with the graphics, but with changing ONLY the 3rd attack method. Cloning the 1st or 2nd, or the 3rd with the 1st / 2nd or all three worked...now any combination does!