Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Inanity
Craftsman

Council

Post by Inanity »

snichele what are you trying to do? I passed the trial both times but I haven't killed the council yet. I don't think you kill the council by going through the trials, you have to find a special spot...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The trials also lead you to the special spot
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Joramund wrote:I mean all the riddles involving "A tribute to ..."
I solved a couple of riddles involving Antic heroes (Prometeus, Ulysses etc.) so...
I found a generic name for them.

They are mostly useless, but among the host of unsolved riddles, figuring out some is quite a satisfaction.
I feel you. Never found the answers to some of these either. Tribute to Herakles, tribute to the lost wanderer, "For each person...", the Hungry Pit. I never got the boots of haste that are in an alcove inside a wall here either. So many loose ends... Anyone knows what the blue button does on that level?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, the hungry pit - it needs...well, let's just say one person aloe will not solve it :D

I think I solved them all, I think thye all make sense with the referenced mythology or the clue

I think the blue button reset somehting aroudn that area... or maybe it was somehting you could free - one was :D
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Long ago I had solved the hungry pit, but the price is somewhat high for a beginner party.

Q: can the champions mirror found down into the crypt be taken as party members ? (I'm currently playing with 4 guild members, and I don't feel like beginning a new game until I've a good knowledge of the deeper levels, starting all over again is just too long)
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, but you need to free them - two ways, one way to get individual members, one way will free a group at a time

I'm not sure if they are just cool or have any special quests attacted, my understanding from way back was they did not, but this might have changed for conflux III
Inanity
Craftsman

Trials

Post by Inanity »

Beowuuf wrote:The trials also lead you to that special spot..
Oh. Does that mean if I want to kill the council I have to go through the trial a third time?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

After the second time you succeed, I believe you just get shoved right through providing you aren't carrying those naughty objects
Joramun
Mon Master

Re: Trials

Post by Joramun »

Inanity wrote: Oh. Does that mean if I want to kill the council I have to go through the trial a third time?
A third time ? Normally on the second time you can reach the council.

By the way : for some reason, after the trial there seems to be a random number of very tough warriors in a treasure room.

I never managed to kill let alone one, so the only way I had to pass this was to be lucky : there were no warriors on the second time I tried. Also : I don't see the point in forbidding the savegames in the trial area. By saving just before, you can pass the trial until you reach for the good answers (though I deduced most of them by logic, there are still 50% chance to loose on some)
What Is Your Quest ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Random warriors: they appear if you logic with the holes was incertain.

Forbidden save: the point is to incite you to solve the riddle, not try and reload, and to make you feel ressourceless. Of course once you know it you can save just before, hide your weapons, etc.

Blue button, boots of speeds: linked with some members of the ninja guild.

Crypt members: can be played, but tthey're not very interesting (boosted for next release).
Inanity
Craftsman

Killing the council

Post by Inanity »

beowuuf wrote:After the second time you succeed, I believe you just get shoved right through providing you aren't carrying those naughty objects
You're right, but how do I get inside the council chamber? I went through the trial a third time, but there's nowhere different to go... taking the "council" portal brings me somewhere I've already been - same with the "guilds" portal.
joramund wrote: A third time ? Normally on the second time you can reach the council.
How?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, that's odd.

The first time you do the trial, you get the treasure room. The 'council' portal takes you to the council level, the guild to the guild level

The second time you do it, you should get dumed in a new room, saying 'well, you proved your innocence again, we will grant you an audience

You should be able to drop down a pit and get to the council area with the cross. If I remmeber correctly, you can get to it a different way too by doign the emeral level (the big X clue)
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

beowuuf wrote:Ah, that's odd.
Okay nevermind I tried it again and it seems to work this time - went down the wrong pit in the ashes to altars room.
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

More questions (to change ;) ) :
- Trial and council : I've taken the trial several times. Now what's next ? I don't want to kill the coucil (btw, I found the council backdoor long time ago...), so ? Is there something else to do ?
Therefore, I have dropped a parchment *somewhere* (you see where) and I've had a message saying I will be "granted an audience, come back later", but nothing special seems to happen ?

-Council : Where is the key to the captain barracks ? I used one (iron key) and I didn't found the other.

-Council : How can I free the prisoned in gray robes ?

-White chambers : Is this worth spending times here ?

- Spiders nest : I 'cleaned' the nest (poor looting...) of his monsters and eggs. Nothing else to do ?

- Portal room : What a weird room ! Is there something special with this room (beyond the teleporting facility) ?

- Fang : Can I recharge the 'confuse' option ?

- The phasing shower : what hell is this supposed to do ?
Last edited by snichele on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Trial and council : explore carefuly but powerFuly you will find another way than the council, which involve some fights, too.
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

snichele wrote:More questions (to change ;) ) :
- Trial and council : I've taken the trial several times. Now what's next ? I don't want to kill the coucil (btw, I found the council backdoor long time ago...), so ? Is there something else to do ?
Yes... kill them! Why don't you want to? It's your destiny!
snichele wrote: Therefore, I have dropped a parchment *somewhere* (you see where)
No, I can't see where....
snichele wrote: and I've had a message saying I will be "granted an audience, come back later", but nothing special seems to happen ?
Never had this happen to me. All I know is the council are a bunch of sleazy lying bureaucrats! (yes I know that's redundant) they deserve to die!
snichele wrote: -Council : Where is the key to the captain barracks ? I used one (iron key) and I didn't found the other.
I remember having a bit of trouble here too. Try all your keys. If none work, try the magic key. Or try lockpicks if you have them. None of that works, go do something else for a while and try all your keys again later.
snichele wrote: -Council : How can I free the prisoned in gray robes ?
You mean the guy at the end of the corridor in the council level? I think I opened this door in Conflux IIk but I haven't been able to figure it out this time around.
snichele wrote: -White chambers : Is this worth spending times here ?
Up to you... there's some mithril and elvish armor, that's about it, but it's worth some points. It's a very tough battle, but you can make it easier by realizing a few things about the geography of the white chambers.
snichele wrote: - Spiders nest : I 'cleaned' the nest (poor looting...) of his monsters and eggs. Nothing else to do ?
Are you sure you did this? Did you get the points? I can't even FIND the mother nest, and I've been through that level eighteen times backwards.
snichele wrote: - Portal room : What a weird room ! Is there something special with this room (beyond the teleporting facility) ?
You talking about the trial room after proving innocence (if so, I think there is nothing special about it), or some other portals?
snichele wrote: - Fang : Can I recharge the 'confuse' option ?
Don't think so.
snichele wrote: - The phasing shower : what hell is this supposed to do ?
As far as I can tell, nothing special, but then again what do I know? I haven't solved the spider lair yet.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Okay, I've gotten pretty far but there are some things confounding me:

1. Gando won't keep his dirty finger out of the ring! What damage is this doing? Will he turn into gollum soon? Should I drop the ring somewhere safe and stop carrying it around?
2. In the spider lair there is a RA door with a portal behind it. To the left is a pit. How do I open that door?
3. Can't find the lost wand! I thought I did this in IIk... isn't it simply a matter of following the map? Is there a time limit or something? Cellar seems to have changed somewhat since IIk. Seem to be fewer buttons and fewer keys lying around.
4. I've been through the spider lair six ways from Sunday and I can't find the mother nest. Is there something I'm missing? Is this related to my question 2 above?
5. How do I win circus prize 99? I thought I finished the circus. Or are the slaves part of the circus?
6. I solved the slave puzzle in IIk, but this time around I can't figure it out. When I played IIk I remember getting into the slave area by some other route, and was able to figure out how the fireballs worked which allowed me to figure out how to save the slaves.
7. MORIA - I spent a lot of time here and did some good deeds but I'm not sure how much I left unfinished before giving up. I couldn't figure out how to get to the king under the mountain... (by the way - I couldn't find his big pillar room on the map...) I killed his scorpion and his stone dragon and I think he had some other pet as well but I can't find any more buttons and he's still trapped behind a pillar. Also, what else did I miss in Moria? Is there really an upper armoury? Any dragons besides Smaug? Any more dragon armour? I have the legs and head (head comes from outside Moria I believe). Is there a cerberus down here somewhere?
8. Where is the cursed armoury? (Don't tell me if it's further down than I've been - I haven't been below emerald, except moria) Is there something there that will uncurse my stuff? (Early on I cast a lot of ZO spells trying to figure things out)
9. Where is the council leader? Is it time to go to the dangerous area in the mines level?
10. The cruel pit... Do I put something in there, or what?
11. "Tribute to the lost wanderer, who need direction."
12. Tribute to the Elfkin
13. How do I open the sapphire lock in the revenge room? I've seen various keys work on these locks but nothing I do opens this one

That's about it for now, I think...
Last edited by Inanity on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Inanity :
- Killing the council is really a goal ?
- For your captain barracks advice, that's what I usually make with all locks ! ;)
- The "portal room" is, from my point of view, accesible using a pit right near the egg chamber.
- For the spider's nest, yeas I am sure. I got a point for it.

Regarding your questions, my 2cents :
1, Its' funny, I don't have any problem with the ring... :D
3, Did you found the "more supplies for the strong" in the cellar ?
4, Not related. Do you have access to the map of the spiders lair ? If so, try the upper right corner...
9, Which dangerous area ?
10, If that's the pit I think about, you have to jump in it... and be prepared to pay some high price...
11, This one is really puzzling me. I tried the boussole, but no way...
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

snichele wrote:- Killing the council is really a goal ?
Well, it's worth 10 points in the challenge, and you can end the game successfully if you go down the wrong stairs after. You tell me if it qualifies as a goal... ;)
snichele wrote:For your captain barracks advice, that's what I usually make with all locks ! ;)
I was thinking about suggesting that. Anyway, this one's no different. If memory serves, it was a grey key, possibly B or square.
snichele wrote:The "portal room" is, from my point of view, accesible using a pit right near the egg chamber. For the spider's nest, yeas I am sure. I got a point for it.
How do I get to the egg chamber?
snichele wrote:1, Its' funny, I don't have any problem with the ring... :D
Is that because you don't have it, or because you did something to it?
snichele wrote:3, Did you found the "more supplies for the strong" in the cellar ?
Nope. How do I find that?
snichele wrote:4, Not related. Do you have access to the map of the spiders lair ? If so, try the upper right corner...
I didn't find the password for that map... another hint?
snichele wrote:9, Which dangerous area ?
The one with all the runes on the walls... Zed keeps telling me they mean danger so I turn back. Early on, I didn't turn back and it was a mistake..
snichele wrote:10, If that's the pit I think about, you have to jump in it... and be prepared to pay some high price...
I think I tried that already, but I'll try again. edit: Both pits in that area lead to the council level
Thanks for the help
Last edited by Inanity on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

- Killing the council is really a goal ?

Yes, since as the plot* unveils, you learn that they're treacherous, power-thirsty old mages who don't want you to come back alive from your mission, neither the guilds to come back to life... and power.

*the plot that only exists in my head.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Well, not exactly unwritten. I was surprised to find that the council members each kept written records of their evil intentions. A good bureaucrat would never do that... ;)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

They were proposals for the current meeting, they were about to vote for the final decision.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Yeah... in modern government something sensitive like that would be done verbally, so as not to leave records that could leak into public knowledge.

edit: Obviously this is a very insignificant point, but one way around it would be instead of dropping scrolls, have the prisoner tell you what they were talking about, although I guess the mechanics of putting all that text in a single dungeon square won't work...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Do not underestimate the power of the DSA side.
Interesting idea, doable but with some toil.
rafal100
Neophyte

Post by rafal100 »

Zyx wrote: Forbidden save: the point is to incite you to solve the riddle, not try and reload, and to make you feel ressourceless. Of course once you know it you can save just before, hide your weapons, etc.
I had to put down "gambling prise" (for coin flipping) before trial becouse I couldn't get through first riddle. Is it intentional or just coincidence?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

If this is the item I remember, it is intentionnal
Inanity
Craftsman

Tower of Loops

Post by Inanity »

I'm stuck in the tower of loops... How fast do I have to be? I pull the lever but no matter how fast I run down the stairs it says "too late" and the doors don't open.

And I spent a few more hours running around the spider lair but haven't found any answers
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

it's not about the door...some other detail is happening as you run back down you hae to catch...
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Hi folks, there is questions unanswered in this page ! ;)

More question :
- I finally reached draco. Nice fight. But the loot is miserable !
What did I missed ? (btw, the website with conflux maps seems to be down ! :( )
- "Tower of mampang".
I passed the tower of loop, the tower of doors, and ended up in the tower of pit. I climbed and I finally got a winged key.
So : is there anything more to find here (I believe so...) ? If so, where must I look for ?
Winged key : what are they used for ? I've got two...
- Moria : Is there only one exit to leave (a certain pit) ?

Thanks ! :)
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

I think they've abandoned us snichele; probably working on the next big thing or something.