Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

yes, known bugs, not fixed yet.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Altar of Nightmare seems to only be good for a Ful Staff.

I think the footprints spell is the same as in DM, but it didn't seem to do any good for me, with or without soap and water.

Altar of Rose is only good for some Exp. and that flower you mentioned.

Altar of doors has a bag in it if I remember correctly; you have to circumnavigate through some invisible teleporters in there too, if I remember right.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Altar of doors has no teleporter that I remember, just one turn-tile. (EDIT: Or maybe it's a teleporter after all, I just can't remember for sure.) And some doors close when you're away. With a compass it's very easy to map. There's a staff there and a gold key if you "solve" it. I am not sure how much solving it involves relative to the walking around. There's also an area with the same wallset that completes its northwest corner somewhat, as seen through walls, but I'm not sure whether it's another area, the same area I have just not been able to access, or a place reserved for DSA mechanics stuff.

One more altar you forgot: Altar of Love. That one is "fun". :)
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

beowuuf wrote: Those sound like bugs
Probably not bugs per se, but limitations? I get the impression it took some doing to get the funereal effect to work at all..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Zyx wrote:yes, known bugs, not fixed yet.
:D
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Bah - we shall see... (j/k - I'm sure the DSA master has already figured it out)
Inanity
Craftsman

Mampang

Post by Inanity »

So how do I get up the tower of mampang? snichele was asking this question earlier but i didn't see an answer. I've solved the tower of loops and pits, but all i have to show for it are a bunch of keys. I want to go up the tower and kill the guy with the crown.

edit: Oh I guess I need to go back to my storage area and get some gems to open this door? 4 of them I guess? one of each colour will be tough - i'm out of emeralds..

edit again: no, that's a differnt problem - tower of mampang is the other way...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes

You need the winged key, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut there is also a final trick. One of the pieces of infomration about the archmage on a scroll should have told you he was elsewhere...

In order to find him, you have to figure out another way to beat the pit trap other than using the pit....maybe if you just stand and think for a good long while, and ignore what you think you know about DM, the answer might come to you...right before your very eyes infact

yx is a sneaky person!
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Well well well...
an anyone confirm me that a Zo liquor is an hideous potion ?

I drinked it... with all my characters in party... and the result was rather monstruous !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Never tried to drink it, foudn it too useful for other thigns (plus it wasn't drinkable in previous versions)
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Well, you should try to drink it... but I suspect the result to be a bug.

But for what is it useful ? And since we are talking about it, is sar wine and kath vinegar useful too ? If so, can you point us with some hints on how to make them useful ? :)

Armoury : I found the armoury on moria (found those dragons soles, only missing dragon plate !). Is this the 'cursed armoury' ?
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Yeah, the sar wine and zo liquor were not drinkable until a stupid moron suggested that the party should be able to get drunk since it was already able to get high with mushrooms and snapdragons.

ok, that was me

Eeeesh. Moria has so many twists and secrets... I also tried Mampang, but the little vexirks are just too mean. I think I'll make a stop at Council and emerald level, to kick some butts I've left behind.

PS: This conversation is rather long, maybe we should start over in a new topic....
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

I suggest a topic dedicated for each level of Conflux.

The zo liquor I found didn't get me drunk...

It boosted PERMANENTLY vitality, anti magic and anti fire : at the end, I had my 3 characters with thoses stats up to 220 !!
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

I suggest keeping all Conflux discussion in this thread. That's what it was created for, after all.

I had never tried drinking the Zo liquor, so this is news to me as well. I had tried the sar wine, but "sar wine" must be code for "american beer" because It felt exactly like water! :P

The upper armories in the Moria are not the cursed armory, that's competely different, and entirely somewhere else.

The door with four gems is, as far as I can tell, just a bonus area. It doesn't need opening, although it's probably a better use for your gems than other gem holes I could name...
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

beowuuf wrote:maybe if you just stand and think for a good long while, and ignore what you think you know about DM, the answer might come to you...right before your very eyes infact
Hmmm... I know I've met the Archmage in previous versions of conflux, but I can't figure this out. Where do I need to stand and think? At the moment I'm facing the pit at the bottom of the tower of loops, because I think that's what you mean, but here I am standing and thinking and thinking and standing and nothing's happening....
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

You should not be so eager to face the pit. Take a break, and have a coffee while sitting on the stairs and chat a bit.

I can't find the armoury in Moria, though I have found the backdoor to Smaug and I have found some deep room (unmapped) with a few items and monsters. I have found the one ring, too. Some like it hot, but personally I prefer to hide it in a bag to avoid some annoyance.

The tomb of Durin is now crowded with Orks
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Joramund wrote:You should not be so eager to face the pit. Take a break, and have a coffee while sitting on the stairs and chat a bit.
Which stairs? Do I face up or down?

edit: Okay I guess I figured it out... thanks for the help
Inanity
Craftsman

Archmage of Mampang

Post by Inanity »

Alright, so how do I kill this jerk?

edit: nevermind - I figured it out. Seemed hopeless until I realized something about the anti-magic...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I shouldn't be asking, but what did you realize?

Zo liquor seems like a bug, though I don't remember the intented effects, probably a temporary boost in the stats.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Zyx wrote:I shouldn't be asking, but what did you realize?
Well I tried sitting on the stairs like Joramund suggested, facing up, and noticed text pop up on the wall... which finally clued me in.

Edit: Oops! Sorry that's not what you were asking... what I realized was that the antimagic turns on and off. Not sure exactly what triggers it, but it seems to toggle at fairly regular intervals.
Zyx wrote: Zo liquor seems like a bug, though I don't remember the intented effects, probably a temporary boost in the stats.
Well, I can confirm the effect - all 4 of my chars now have ~200 in all three of those stats. I could give them more, but don't want them rolling over on 255...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I just tried the zo liquor. The effect is meant to be permanent, however the potion should be consumed.
Currently, it can be used ad infinitum. Same bug for Sar wine. Should be easy to fix.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Yeah, that one's easy, but what about the funereal effect? I'm curious about that one - is there a CSBWin limitation or have you figured it out using DSA?
Inanity
Craftsman

Stuck Underwater

Post by Inanity »

Help! I saved my game in the underwater level and now I can't find the way out! I can find the eye tyrant down here (I think that's what he is) but there's no time to kill him before I run out of air.

Help!!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The stairs out are not along the far walls but just in a few squares, so you need to check out the inner walls to find the stairs up and out. There is another way that will take you back to the sewer level if you find it.
keep your gor coin handy
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

The stairs up are in the southern part of the level. Go south as far as you can, then turn around (facing north) and walk sideways. If you are in the right area you should see the stairs. They are about halfway from the farthest west you can go on this level to the farthest east.

As for me, I am having trouble with the elemental gems in Mophus' ending. I have all four and I have found the elemental gates, but I cannot get them to open, even though the ground tiles click when I walk on them with the proper gem. Has anyone done this part?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Send me a savegame.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Sent at the usual e-mail.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Remember how you neutralized the one ring? You did the same with the gems!
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Ok, I killed the council.
Some questions :
1/ Freeing the prisoner is rather costly in term of keys...even though he gives a tourquoise key... should I do it ? Is he the leader of the council (I suppose so) ?
2/ Using the tourquoise key just to get ten points on the scroll is also a bit costly... Should I keep the tourquoise key for something else ?
3/ Anyone else thinks the council ending comes a bit out of nowhere ? Having absolutely no clues about what evil things they were doing, killing them amounts to sheer cruelty / self-defense [though it is the party that intrudes in the council, so it's not really self-defense]
What Is Your Quest ?
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

1: If you already have a tourquoise key to get out of the council, you might want to save the keys and not free the prisoner. You can find at least one other tourquoise key on that level before or after you get to the council.