Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Parallax wrote:What's going on here? One day out of town and all of the sudden I'm a target? A marked man? Well, that's fine, keep chasing, I guess I'll just have to collect all the points I know how to and send a savegame for 160 points or so to Zyx then. That should keep you youngsters busy for a while. :P
Hmm, well how long will that take? Do you have 3 guild leaders in your current party?

Anyways... new current champion.... me with 125 points! :)

Zyx, my savegame is in the mail.

Edit: I've managed to keep a power gem, and I seem to more or less have free reign of the dungeon, although I haven't explored extensively yet. I don't think this is supposed to happen?
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

:shock: you're roaming freely with the power gem !

That's a cool thing :D
It's probably possible to do the same with the crown of kings...
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Joramund wrote::shock: you're roaming freely with the power gem !
Well, *A* power gem, since there's more than one...

Beowuuf recently said the crown of kings can no longer leave the tower of mampang, and this was after I suggested teleportation.

Has anyone found a use for the unique sets of remains? I have quite an impressive collection of corpses now.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Oh, that power gem? Well, I can get the other one too, actually. Maybe I should get them both and make them into a set. I'm thinking earrings, or matching wedding bands...
And there is actually still hope for the crown, I'm not quite sure Zyx has closed all the loopholes. But it's kind of a long jog to get to the top of the tower to check, so oh well.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Parallax wrote:Oh, that power gem? Well, I can get the other one too, actually.
You can keep it and still get the 10 points?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

No. Can you?

EDIT: But I can take it and walk around the dungeon.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

I don't want to walk around the dungeon with that power gem, because I want the 10 points - keeping the other one doesn't lose me any points.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The town invaders are under control, it's just I haven't figured out the secret to dispelling the choas-cloned mage

I was saved on the apprentice rooms, the fireball bit - solved that, just knew I had to take on the demons with a single member party
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

The chaos-cloned mage, you just need to give him hell with all your weapons until he dies. Well, that's what I did. It's a bit long for sure, it seems he is one of the most resisting creatures in the game...
But man, Swift Death and Furx are so powerful !
What Is Your Quest ?
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I found some scrolls referring to an "Anchor" spell, what does this do? Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, I can cast it but what's it meant to do?
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

You should have found something else about related stuff nearby, that should have enlightened (or maybe darkened ?) you about what exactly is the Anchor.
If you need further spoiler :
Your party needs a harbor to set anchor when it is wandering in the chaotic seas of magic and want to come back ashore
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Hey I've been going through my scroll collection and I have a couple that are filled with text but it's gibberish to me (except for certain suggestive words such as "flamine" and "incendit")... looks like a language, almost. Are these just for atmosphere, or are they a clue?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

latin or atmosphere
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

My thoughts exactly (could be both! i.e. "latin and/or atmosphere"). It does look like Latin - if I had to guess a language, that would be it. Now that I have a second opinion I guess it's time to hit a Latin-English dictionary...

Edit: It's definitely latin, but I can't make much of it. The translators available to me aren't the greatest, and almost every word has multiple meanings. I was hoping it would tell me something about some critical stuff I don't know how to do yet, but it doesn't seem to be talking about anything I'm looking for. It does however match the Conflux atmosphere rather well.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Is there a levitate spell in conflux?
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

There is a hint about a magical non-weight. But I'd bet it's a red herring. Levitating is just too powerful a spell.

About the two scrolls : they are definetely latin, I can assure you. But even with my 5 years of latin, I couldn(t really get something from them. I'd have to study a little more, but I would bet it's a red herring again.

Even if it is possible Zyx studied latin, I will presume he is sneaky and just like to make fun of the player. I mean among all cultural riddles in Conflux this one is the most improbably difficult : what are the odds a player is able to read latin, even simple latin as the catholic monks could use ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Joramund wrote: what are the odds a player is able to read latin, even simple latin as the catholic monks could use ?
Yeah... I spent at least an hour translating those... ah well at least I learned a little latin.

The hint about magical non-weight isn't talking about levitate anyway (that's what I thought at first and spent a long time trying to levitate)... It's a hint on how to close the pit D on the dwarven fortress (mines) level.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is a hint about a magical non-weight. But I'd bet it's a red herring. Levitating is just too powerful a spell.
No levitation spell I know of - now, what's summoned entirely from magic, is magical, used to prove you are a wizard, and yet weighs nothing? :D As inanity indicated, it's one of the pit D closing puzzles (pretty much eevry level has a way to close that one to avoid death)

Note that some scrolls, even a nonsense one, can be searched for on the internet as they are famous verses, I think.

A hidden bit of text on the wall hints at something, the scrolls are a warning on the other side of the door (I think the hidden wall text even gives you that key) and the nonesense scroll is flavour text for that room and character you neet there in the temple
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

No levitation spell I know of - now, what's summoned entirely from magic, is magical, used to prove you are a wizard, and yet weighs nothing?
I've always found the "zero weight" part inconsistent with observation - it's still affected by gravity, so can't really be weightless. But it can be explained by assuming that the weight displayed is actually rounded to the nearest decimal point. And this is consistent since it's not possible to find the aggregate weight of a bunch of them.
Inanity
Craftsman

Smoke monster.

Post by Inanity »

Can anyone tell me if there's any way to get rid of the smoke monster in Leyla's ending?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Who says the zokathra spell is attracted to the floor by gravitational forces - might be the magical force of the dungeon pulling it down :D
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Another question: what does the face saying "feed me with anger" want?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not seen it before, but's i#d guess a good smack
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Funny, I must be playing conflux too much, because I saw a fiery cerberus in a dream.
I've got to check if it is where I dreamed it was...

Anyway, I started another game with the four Curses of the Poltergeist,
I intend to make a telling of my early game, if I manage to get back alive from where I am currently :roll: (down down down)
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I rmemeber knowing conflux II well enough to do all the tricks to get the curses well fed, watered and levelled up to actually survive

With time and the new wrinkles of conflux III, not sure how long i'd last. Maybe 'll create some time to find out!
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Joramun wrote:Funny, I must be playing conflux too much, because I saw a fiery cerberus in a dream.
Wow! Me too! Seriously! Except I fell back asleep so now I can't remember the dream, but I remember thinking "... so THAT'S how you get a fiery cerberus..."
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

beowuuf wrote:I rmemeber knowing conflux II well enough to do all the tricks to get the curses well fed, watered and levelled up to actually survive

With time and the new wrinkles of conflux III, not sure how long i'd last. Maybe 'll create some time to find out!
I was inspired from you Conflux 2 guide, but I didn't do the same things...
(I didn't reincarnate, and didn't ressurect in the same place, for a start).

I think I know the first levels well enough to navigate... the problem is not to get trapped in dangerous places... where I am now (mines, with the funny green thing and the worms...)
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Inanity wrote:Another question: what does the face saying "feed me with anger" want?
I have no idea, but if you find out, I'd be interested in the answer. And I think I have tried feeding it a knuckle sandwich, Beo, but good idea nonetheless.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

How about the rusty bloody dagger riddle? Did you figure that one out? I'm pretty sure it involves throwing a dagger at that regenerating rust monster and then making it go somewhere, but don't know where...

I'm pretty stuck in Leyla's ending - finally broke down and started mapping it but I hate mapping...
Inanity
Craftsman

Fiery Cerberus

Post by Inanity »

Did the fiery cerberus quest get deleted from Conflux 3? I just spent a couple of hours reading the results of a site-wide search for "cerberus", and it confused the hell outta me. So I decided to try my own thing, and voilà! Fiery Cerberus! But all the hints I read in the Conflux 2 forums seem to have nothing to do with how I actually found it.