Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
jason barnes
Novice

Post by jason barnes »

Have you tried summoning lesser water elementals?
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Hey ya Jason!

Well met! Well, it's definitely do-able, but I just merely feel that it is a shame to have lost public amenity like that, if you know what I mean? Much less a problem of our 4 heroes getting thirsty hehe.

Jesse
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

I can see where you're coming from, as I was storing food on that tile and had the same unpleasant surprise you did. But from a water standpoint, it's not like you don't have fountains 20 steps away in the cellar and sewers or, as jason mentioned, the
Spoiler
LO VI spell
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Hahaha Parallax,

Well put, and to top it off, I'd really hate to have myself a mile-long trudge back to "town" only to find out that I have an entourage of spawned mobs that came from somewhere else that happened to pass through the gate. That would be a nasty surprise indeed. Let's hope that there's an invisible mob blocking tile right before Gothmog's connecting exit though.

Oh by the way, no offense intended on the entryway loaction Zyx. It's just the part-homemaker and part-kleptomaniac in me. I just love hoarding stuff like cheese and all. Can you imagine the shocking thing when all my hard piled up plants got moved without the proper movement certification? Hehe...

Jesse
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I'll try to fix it someday.
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Oh Zyx,

Don't worry about that really. It's not so much as a fix needed though. After all, I kinda like staying in Conflux, if you know what I mean? I sort of turned it into a home with a proper item cataloguing (spell checker?) system. With the inclusion of that extra teleport tile, it sorts of makes your home feel vulnerable, that's all.

I'm sure that with a mob blocker tile on the other end, things should be just the way it is. :D Although I must admit it would be a really cool idea to actually have certain connecting tiles from each of the respective ends (especially the Maleficient one since everything is already so hard) to the home base, along with the presence of the monsters that do spawn at home base. Annoying as it is, it probably gives more of a challenge to not always take one's home base for granted in terms of safety?

Jesse
money
On Master

Post by money »

Hi,

I've been playing for a while now and have manged to get the Dexhelm, when i put this on everything goes black and i get the mumblings/whispering in my ears - i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with this item and searching through other posts it would appear most people find this item usefull... am i missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Soudns like you've found some new feature previously not in the game, or it's a new feature of a specific helm... where did you get it from?

My instincts as a player would be to either abandon it, or to find a way to remove the curse or interact with the item. Whether that would be a character specific ability or a general spell to interact with it, I am not sure. For removal of curses, the temple has been a good place in the past.
money
On Master

Post by money »

its the helm of madness whispered, i picked it up when i defeated the dragon type monster, near the bones/sword of Druafang.. It's not cursed - from what my priest is telling me... and i'm sure it's been on my inventry when i've uncursed other items.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's maybe not cursed under in the normal way, but could still be 'cursed'. But i guess normal methods don't work

Might need zyx to hint!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

There's nothing to do with madness. But it can give you some insights.
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

Could you tell me which one is the head of a guild, Nabi or Morphus? in The Annals it's written, that Nabi was not member of the guild, but there are some hints about his shield, so I'm not so sure what character is needed to make a guild ending with priests?

Is there ANY Corbum in Conflux III? so far I've found 2 plasma on sites where a real corbum could have been
Spoiler
Vecnas tomb and on level 1 behind the door which opens witch the fountains
- I was not in the temple by now. Without Fireballs I have no idea how to survive
Spoiler
in the sewers and the Crypt.
how do i get the long lost wand? I can't go out of this room... I got the iron key and the wand, but nothing seems to work. to open that door. do I have to be at a higher mage level to cast a Mon spell maybe?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The long lost wand is detailed a page or two back. Mophus is the guild leader. Corbums are around, you just need to know where to look. Keep exploring! Make sure what you think are plasmas are all plasmas! At worst, take gando first to start crackign the wizard guild
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

thanks found the details about the long lost wand somewhere at page 15 of this thread (took me about 4h to read :) maybe a FAQ would be nice hehe :wink: )

And I finally found two Corbums :D and many more Plasma which do not open the door I thought they would when returned at their place. I suppose I have to return to one of these way's now...

still stunned with this game. I was able to buy some things on lvl 8 and sneak away but I can't even imagine to "clear" all of these 8 levels, and there is so much more after that...

This time I'm focusing on priests (Zed, Wu-Tse, Morphus) and Leif to have a chance in the beginning. Maybe that was not the most wise descision, but at least they all can cast healing spells by now.

ah, if only I could find a way back to the Guilds Hall.... The Elevator is great! love this Elevator! hm, if only I could find a way back to the Elevator... Sure through the sewers, but first I have to finish this temple, or after that? and what about the curse and blessing?

so much to do! and already it's half past midnight... :roll:

btw. i got (2) points for the flasks #1 and #2 I've found, is that correct?
money
On Master

Post by money »

Question... I have done so much (killed the council, destroyed the dark armor, killed the dark counciler) and ended up at the bottom of Pit-D. I managed to get through the teleporting areas and ended up the other side of the dragon. This worked well as i was able to get the winged key and defeat Archimage in the tower.... Thought I was doomed, having came down Pit D and not through the door where the dragon roams i seemed to be stuck with my adventure ending there... at long last i found another way... Knew i'd have to fight that dragon eventually! My worry now is that once i return back to the guilds (i.e. through the portal at Halks ending), and after some running around i've noticed that a lot of the paths are now blocked so to speak.. I seem to be running into never ending walls/blocked doors etc... Returning to the guild endings is perticularly hard... Is this a "feature" of the game? Should i just stay down the lower levels and collect points from there from now on? any help would be appreciated!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You are not allowed to move around with the power gem, you need to go to moria or go to the guild I believe
money
On Master

Post by money »

ah, that explains it... I have got 2 power gems, the first i used to go back to the guilds... the second i just left in my inventry... for the time being!

If i go to Moria (which i was hoping to put off for a while) are there ways back to the main dungeon?
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

@Moria
Eventually Yes, but take some food with you...

I need some help from the one's who did this already, the others should not move their mouse cursor on the fields below. :)

@Plasma door (temple level)
Spoiler
how do I open it? where shall I put the plasma? hint would be nice (no complete spoiler please)
@Blessing *spoiler*
Spoiler
You are really sure that heals curses? Seems not to have any effect on the thorn and the dagger... constantly low strength when carrying them.
So far I've got 9 points after 3 days playing...

1 for a flask
1 for a flask
1 for a flask
1 for the Spider Silk Whip (I think, even though Zyx said it was not counting it...?)
1 for the 99th circus prize
1 for entering the forge
1 for the Dwarven treasure (suggestion: make the numbers random for each new game :twisted: :D )
1 for the rusty dagger hehe
1 for the Thorn

and soon: 1 for the fur trader

I did NOT get points for the Long Lost Wand, because I still do NOT get it how to open the door even after reading this thread. It's a total mystery and I'm NOT willing to enter this god forsaken TOMB of the lost wand any more. Never Ever again. If there is one thing I'm eagerly HATE in Conflux, than it's the long lost wand. Doesn't give's much points anyway. Should give 20 points for the time considered to hang around there. Really not my riddle at all. ok, I think I made my point lol. Maybe I'll write one day about this episode. :wink:
Last edited by Gelvan on Tue May 13, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Long lost wand:
Spoiler
Put the wand back where the scroll in the room said long lost wand. This opens the door. If you have the iron key, you can open the door with it to get back to the room and retrieve the wand
Plasma door - no way to hint about this really if you have tried what it says there.
Spoiler
tidy up the plasmas like it says into the alcove, and use a plasma on the symbol beside the door
Cursed items may well be powerful enough to inflict negative stats and not be healed. Blessing only affects the normal cursed stat of items
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

Hey thanks for your answers!

About the Wand, I did what you say, but it did not open.. maybe it's because I've already found another wand, so that confuses it? :( well, I don't earn these 5 points anyway so I leave that quest aside.

slapping myself on the forehead about the plasma door lol NOW I remember that I asked the same question years ago for conflux 2 and I suppose the answer was the same :)

good to know about the very cursed items - so using them doesn't seems worth it. well I will keep them for some strong monsters I think.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You might need to put all wands into the alcove, not sure...

don't remember those penalties befor,e perhaps zyx nerfed them as they were quite powerful
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

@daggers
I recently found one which was labelled *cursed*
Spoiler
unique, vampiric
- the other
Spoiler
death shift
does not seem to be cursed. Or at what level the priest gets to know if it is cursed?

@Cursed
If I loose much stamina is that because of weight in yellow or because of a curse?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Because your weight is in yellow and you are moving swiftly. HIgh level attacks do 't help.

The v dagger is draining from other sources, maybe it gets hungry if not in combat though, don't know...
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

thanks for the answer about the weigth.

Is there any possibility to resurrect LOR?
if so, where is his portrait? is it with the Dwarves?
Do I have to put 2 things in the VI altar in the amber crypt?
and another one "recieved" in the amber crypt is used to activate the mirror?
if yes to all those questions, I have no idea why it does not work.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Only one item, he has no visible portrait when you can successfully restore him, but the portrait becomes clickable
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

For the Long Lost Wand: When you place it in the alcove it's not the door that opens but a wall that removed elsewhere in the room, revealing stairs and a keyhole that can be used to open the door.

I was never able to get LOR, didn't know where his portrait was supposed to be, do you have his bones?

I also think that a lot of the pathways that become blocked due to the Power Gem are reopened by using the lock at 05,28,19. The maps are on the Wiki. Carrying around the second Power Gem after you've used the first one may activate other closures you hadn't activated earlier. How did you manage to get to the rest of the dungeon with the Dark Councillor's Gem, I thought Zyx made this impossible now? Or is that accidental pit still there?
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

@wand
how was I able to not see this?! :shock: oh dear :D

@LOR
only one item? oh okay, then I'll try that, thanks!!
money
On Master

Post by money »

Re. Powergem - I dropped down the pit having killed the dark councillor, completed the tower and dropped down the pit (the other side of morphang(?) into the Dragons lair. Having killed both dragons i went up the stairs back into Halks ending and took the teleport back to the Guilds/Moria ending. The guilds ending was still active so I returned to the guilds. From here you can wonder around untill you hit one of these blocked paths...
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

Tried both altars with all four items that could work (e.g. were mentioned once in the context of resurrection)
Spoiler
LOR Bones, Flower, ZO Potion, Skullseeds
, a Vi Zo spell does not exist, I even tried putting these items in the hand of the chosen character. I tried it with and without bones at the three mirrors (two in dwarven hall, one in Veccna's domain).
a step by step solution by pm would be great, because I need him as a fourth leader for Moria. With 3 people (I did not choose Morphus, only for one level he seems not worth it) that's to hard.
edit Is this maybe not working because I'm wearing an Eckhard Cross?
money
On Master

Post by money »

ok, I have been wondering around in Gothmog's ending and have killed a number of those fiery snake deamon things and managed to get the gem in view, but i'm guessing i need a powerstaff to release it? I've searched all over and cannot find a staff - just the gem.

Now for the annoying thing - When i started with Gothmog i had the Wizard Wand - but it was stollen from me by one of those annoyinbg theifs... this was a long.... long... long... time ago - Is this what i need to free the gem? Is this ending no longer an option for me? I have searched everywhere on the Sewers and killed everything in sight - please help... I would love to finish this quest :(