Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

If you know where the thief pinched the item, then
search the area. Wait a moment then move. Use a map,
and walk every possible way, and wait in between to
attract them .Think like the thief.

They do not go down the drain or anything , you
should be able to find the thief, I am sure! ;)

I had all my keys once stolen on the spider level.
I continued play and eventually found the buggers in the
recesses of the dungeon. I had feared they would fall down a
pit and enter the portals! But as said, they should be around.

hopefully you find the wand, it is essential to the gothmog ending.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

As far as I remember, to resurrect Lor:
Spoiler
Put a Snapdragon in the altar you take his bones from then click on it like any normal portrait.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Managed to find the wand, thanks for info - made me search again! Out of interest, once you complete the quest and unite the wand with powergem - i'm assuming there is no way to bring your party back to life? I tried some other bones but that didn't work... so i used my parties bones... are there "special" bones that would do the same trick?
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Cool, I'll have to try getting LOR some time.

Yes you can get your party members back, think of an area a lot earlier on in the game which really didn't seem to do anything that useful but was pretty interesting anyway and hard to enter.

I was also stuck at the Long Lost Wand area, I still don't really understand it. But I know it's a bad idea to experiment by putting items all over the floor and walking on them, they can vanish forever!
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

@LOR
did not work, put a snap dragon in the altar on 44,22 and 10,19 clicked a little bit above the altar, went to the mirrors at 24,13 and clicked with and without bones of LOR. no effect
oh I see they are cursed is that a problem?

I think I leave it as this, and take Gndolfo - he has the better stats anyway and I really need a decent fighter/mage for Moria. Spider level is nice for training btw.

thanks anyway for your help - I've got a savegame if anyone wants to try the thing with LOR, just send me your email (there is no option to upload things on this forum?)
Last edited by Gelvan on Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Doh - should have remembered that! but i'm struggling - i went to the place mentioned, got my old bones back but nothing works - you cannot resurrect them in the alter - not in the normal way? I've also got a scroll - Resurection spell - but it would appear this is un-castable - as it requires two runes from the same group... It's bang heads time again. Sure i'm missing something obvious.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lor portrait is hidden in the altar - you click in the position where you would usually activate a champion - not go to another mirror. No bones in the hand, those are his old bones

The 'ressurection spell' area is nothing to do with the gothmog ending - think temple...
money
On Master

Post by money »

nope - its not working. I get the bones, "Gothmog wonders... I could resurrect my friends... Then head back to the future and meet my destiny...

But i just don't know what to do with the bones, i've tried them in the alter of life - but nothing... :oops:
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

@LOR
can confirm that it does not work.
maybe it was changed in bugfix4?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Eiother updated for more of a challenge, or broken :(
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

Possibilities

1. another/enhanced mechanism
2. a Hero in my party (Zed, Leif, Wu-Tse) makes it impossible (à la CSB)
3. we need the one 'rose' of this particular dream (even though it's not unique)
4. the bones must not be cursed
5. an item in my inventory makes it impossible
6. it is broken

if one is true, there are plenty of possibilities
1. I need skullseed/zo liqeur/thescroll in my hand
2. there is a freshly new resurrection special spell somewhere on level 25
3. Zo liqeur is needed *somehow*
4. it's not the altar but something else
5. the mirror is needed now
etc...

well anyway Gndolfo is GREAT! Training goes quite fast, soon I'll enter Moria *happy* Next time I think I'll start with hm the Ninja maybe rush for the crypt get this Gndolfo search some corbum looking for Gothmog and resurrect Lor if I found out how to do this until then lol or another guild leader.
maybe I should do this already.
no, first I'll do Moria.

got 14 points so far - wohoo :)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Could you send me a save game near Lor altar and one near the future machine?
bprieu atty_thing yahoo dotty_thing com
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

sent :)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Altar of Lor: it worked. I think you were not facing the right altar.
You'll need a flower too, the altar wasn't activated.
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

Oh THAT Altar where I've found the bones!
I was trying it with the Vi Gor Shrines...
:oops:
okay now... Gndolfo is ...discarded. :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

ah, the world altar was confusing there!
Gelvan
Novice

Post by Gelvan »

yes.. but it should not :oops: Altar of Love is called Altar, isn't it? an Altar is an Altar, a Shrine is a Shrine... so to say - well I have him now, thanks again :)
money
On Master

Post by money »

posted also!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I didn't receive anything.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Money: Did you finish Gothmog's ending, then get the bones from the future machine (they need to be swapped with regular bones) and put them in an altar of VI to bring your friends back to life?
money
On Master

Post by money »

yip to all... but nothing happens with the alter of VI... Re-sending the file too.

Oh - and sent using alt. a/c in case there was a problem sending!

-edit I also tried with earlier save (before completing the guild ending) and Altar of VI... still works, also tried to do it after using all bones but not completing the gem/wand connection - didn't work! I'm wondering if the bones themselves are faulty??? I tried to re-incarnate before completing the ending as mentioned, which worked with one set of bones - but not when i switched them - i.e. Zed bones for Zed bones?!?! :(

-edit Thanks Zyx - I used an earlier version of the engine and it worked fine (well got an error or two) but they are all alive and now back on the latest engine with all charactors! Cheers again.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

CSBwin10_057 will resurrect them properly. Thank you Paul.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Has anybody tried playing a game with the Maleficient guild? I think somebody asked this a while back and nobody answered so I'm guessing no. So I thought I'd try, and maybe turn all my logs into a movie somehow...

Anyway, is there an item which increases strength? Aside from the unique ashes, I can't get into Moria because my guy is too weak to break the door down, and I've never managed to make that "tap friend to enter" thing work. There's a few things I want to nab down there. Also, which levels increase vitality? My guys vitality is only 6 so his health and mana go up painfully slow.

So far I've unlocked the Ninja guild, got fireball which is crucial, got the weapon of Druafang early on, thanks to the altar of rose haha. The elevator is crucial as well, without that I'd be stumped due to the sewers being virtually impassable. Made over 200 logs so far and I think all of them but 6 maybe are deaths. Also, have some maces disappeared in the latest version? They seem a lot harder to come across and I need the fighter levels for strength.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The 'tap, friend, to enter' is a joke - you have to tap to enter, not tap out friend.

Although they are nver explicitly given, the strength potion does still exist - snapdragons are your friend though in this regard. Ninja and priest I think are vitality - plus fighter
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Several people have tried. Beowuuf and myself for sure. Joramund as well, I think. Possibly Ian_Clark. I didn't go very far before I lost interest.
Spoiler
Only to the point where you make a huge number of blast spores to go take down the Emerald Forest. Then I realized that would take some SAR keys and figured it was going to be a pain in the neck since most of them are found of the spider level and the curses are too weak to follow the path of light. I could have them collect emerald keys instead but it's a huge pain as well since most of those are found in the fight-heavy area of the emerald level and, once again, it's not a picnic with these guys.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

You don't need a
Spoiler
Sar
Key to open the
Spoiler
Emerald Forest.
In fact the answer is pretty obvious...
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I've around 5 or 6 emerald keys I think, I wiped out those emerald golems, so I'm not too worried about getting Sar keys. The spiders can be defeated by throwing them down pits if they get too out of control.

You don't need two Sar keys to get to the emerald forest...? I remember that weird "the bone doll sings look to the west" when you are next to the removable wall but I thought it could only be opened from the other side, which makes it useless though so I always wondered...

Strength potions. Omg I forgot about those...
I'll probably grab all the Kath bombs from the top level and energize them all into blast spores. Still plan to level up some more first.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I finally figured out how to open the wall at 00,18,03!!!

Unlocked the Wizard and Fighter guilds now as well.

Geez, I see what you mean about the path of light, that room in the north west corner is truly infested, 8+ spiders in there no matter how many I kill. Also annoying because I can't get to the treasury with two Sar keys inside...
wvlr
Neophyte

Could someone give me a little clue?

Post by wvlr »

Do I really need all these stone mushrooms? I must have 30 of them and have not yet found a use for them. I am sure that a use will come up later but surely I don't need all that many.

With only 2 characters - I really don't have room to spare for un-necessary stuff.

What about these two piles of rust that I got shortly after killing off the Minotar. Damn - he was tough to kill, since I don't have any good spells yet.

Where do I get the 4 boxes with no lids that I need for the wizard guild.

Damn this is a GREAT Game! Hats off to the Masters that created it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. could you e-mail me a copy of those first few maps. I have started my own but it makes the going so slow.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Stone mushrooms are edible, and also grow in the wild - you an happily eat them or throw them otherwise, I think they are needed only once or twice in the whole game

Ruist is useful I think once alone - store it in the guild along with anythign else, you can always come back.

The minotaur probably would have resisted your spells anyway, he's just tough.

You are thinking too literally for the priest guild clue - chances are you have ancountered this natural container already.