Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Send me a savegame, I'll fix the pit bug after the dark councillor's fall.
For the rest, you'll have to wait for next version. I'm working on it!
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Hey ya money and Stewy,

(I thought I replied this query just some hours ago but it didn't show. Nevermind, I'll do it again)

For the cerberus, I did it the hard way by manually lugging it up to the surface of the guild base by putting it in my "ready hand" as the mouse cursor. In the event of combats, I just placed it on any nearby alcove or on the floor, get on with the fight and just continue my trek upwards back to the base. Hope that helps. It was really tough at first, but after a while you will get the hang of it. Another alternative is to clear a workable path up to the base first, and then come back for it later when you are sure nothing gets in the way. That should give you a minor satisfaction of having an ornamental trophy in your halls till the next BugFix is out :D

Jesse
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

sounds like a bug in the graphics.dat that has sized the cerberus like a zokathra. Use an older graphics.dat?
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Now that you've mentioned it that way beowuuf,

It very much looks that way. Oh well, I'm back to freelance work on some documents, so I'll be back later to play :D
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

I thought it was voluntary. There is even a text description about the cerberus wiggling and trying to escape if I recall. The way I understood it
Spoiler
cerberi like mages. If you're not a good enough mage they want nothing to do with you!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Though your theory is correct, parammax, I think the graphics.dat is wrong. I'll download the package and fix it as soon as possible.
stewy
Craftsman

apprentice

Post by stewy »

In the room where you go to the water level, what is up with the, view spell granted soap and water? I also noticed on the maps there is alot more to this level, any hints any body can give me to get further.

thanks, and thank you Zyx for fixing the pit
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Aahhh Stewy,

I saw that you finally discovered the interesting wonders of the soap and water area. Yes, you are right in your assessment that there is a lot more to discover on the level, and I am just a little bit ahead of you there. There's just so much to discover! As you'll notice, there's quite a bit of a mess on the floor. See if you can get it all cleaned up first before moving on :D You might see better once the clutter's been all cleaned up!
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

I will see what I can come up with thanks.
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Hahah don't worry Stewy,

If it still baffles you on how you get floors cleaned, holler, and I'll come up with a more explicit solution ^_^
stewy
Craftsman

Post by stewy »

got it so clean ya can eat off it, wow did it ever get tough!!!
thanks again now I will have something new to explore tomorrow.
thyceult
Apprentice

Post by thyceult »

Touche Stewy!

Glad it helped haha.. now if you happen to explore beyond that area and find out more about what's happening on the other end, do share. I'm sort of stuck in the areas behind now haha. *sweat* I don't have a green thumb nor do I have eyes on Xanathar just yet. You'll know what I mean when you get there :D

Gee, I just realized I'm so cryptic I should be Co-DM. Any openings? LOL
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Please help!
Maybe I`m crazy, but I started playing Maleficient Guild. That was a very bad choice ;)
Now all my characters are Apprientice with all classes, but.. I`m stuck. Everything kills me, especially in the sewers, as the characters has from 5 to 12 points for each attribute.. that`s ridicolosly low. Beating the single tree takes ages.
Besides, there`s a huge problem with food.

So I wanted to know what are the items I get in the beginning for:
1. What is a bone doll for?
I used it for praying, but does it have other applies?
2. I got the skeleton key in the beginning. Where can I find the door?
3. What is gaefusilrf for?
4. Eckhart Cross- does it change anything?

Thx!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The bone doll is for the end. The skeleton key i cannot remember the use, but again useful. The lucky coin has one or two uses in the normal game, if you haven't spotted, it always comes up heads for example - this is useful for a puzzle later

Note that you should just take the hit and let food lapse - use stamina potions and keep your water topped up

You don;'t need to fight every last critter, avoidance is good - try to bias towards magic too, if you ignore food needm which is finite, and just have water, you can therefore sleep and keep topping up your mana to use spells. Build up to unlock the wizard guid for fireball, etc

You really shouldn't have started conflux with the malificent guild, it's for experts who can igmore lots of cool stuff.

My real advice is restart the game - you will be forced to miss out a hundred cool things in the game, and conflux is a hard enough learning experience. There really is no benefit, and alot of harm, trying to enjoy conflux in this insane mode of play. Leave the mal saved game until you know the game!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

you`re right Beo. I started playing with civilised character.
But I`ve got one question: where exactly can I find Kath Vinegar?? On which level? I need it to get the flask and couldn`t find it anywhere!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
Spoiler
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you can get up a level again (not through the kitchens, there is another few starwells upwards in the celler) then you will eventually get to an area with pit/teleporter puzzles, that opens up a screamer corridor/side rooms puzzles. Kath vinegar resides there
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I've added a "Potions" table to the ConfluxIII
"Items" page, entered "Kath Vinegar", and added
your question and answer. Feel free to update
this information to make it more useful.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

yeah! thanx for the tip :)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
megar
Journeyman

Black lock ...

Post by megar »

Help please !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, i don't recognise the riddle, but I would have to guess it's an
Spoiler
emerald key
job
megar
Journeyman

Post by megar »

Yeah thank you.
I matches my notes from Conflux II.
Unfortunately, i was going to use this to go the the council. The screenshot is from the west of the sewers. I am looking for a quick way to go to the council from the start of the game. Unfortunately, i don't have any emerald key yet. Will have to find another way... (Or maybe I will have to find the two emerald key I found in this level in conflux II...)

I'm glad I'm back to conflux. This is such a wonder !

Edit: I found a way (through level 06, entrance with the gollem)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Depending on what version of Conflux II you played, Zyx nerfed many quick shortcuts to the council hence the greater difficulty
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Argh! I was finally getting back to re-recording the maleficent guild game when I went to the trial and forgot to remove my sword from hand. I often do this but usually see that my sword has vanished before I save, but I didn't this time. So, why, and more important where, do the weapons that are in your hands when you do the trial go? I've never understood this.

Very frustrating!!!! :evil: I was on a roll! It was Druafang's weapon, I'm pretty stuffed without it. But I suppose I can go get the funeral axe if I have to. Although opening the door to Moria will be trouble.

Or...I guess I might be able to make a playfile of all my logs, then wipe the end of it to before I lose my sword. Don't want to do that though.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Spoiler
they go into the council debate area, in one of the alcoves
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Or...I guess I might be able to make a playfile of all my logs, then wipe the end of it to before I lose my sword. Don't want to do that though.
But I want to do it!!!
Because I never really trust this
record/playback feature. You are
the only person really testing it. I
would like someday to have some
confidence that it is reliable.

Can you zip up all your recordings
and get them to me somehow so that
I can see if they are working?
If they do work I could get that savegame
back for you.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Cheers Beowuuf, is the debate area the place outside where you kill all the council members? Or is it where you actually kill the council members? Very hard for maleficent guild.

The record/playback feature is definitely working well at the moment. Just a little while ago a had a flask disappear somewhere so made a playfile of all my progress so far and saw that a sneaky thief stole it. So I'm fairly certain everything is working well at the moment, but I'll send you the logs anyway. I'm using the same version, Bugfix4, as last time. Don't worry about making me a save game yet, I'll try to retrieve my sword first.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yes, the area outside the council killing area. that area is tough anyway as vexirks generate - i feel an eye of time or freeze life might be needed to let you run in and out!
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Cool, I have my sword. Hehe that area is not so hard once you take advantage of a handy nearby fireball generator. Very close to finishing again now.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Finished once again. And the recording works perfectly :)

Used a lot less logs this time around as well. Less than half I think

I'll mail it on so you can have a watch if you want. Probably not good for watching as is and quickplay is a bit too fast so maybe quick as a bunny would be better. It's mainly due to the horrendous vitality which causes a lot of sleeping as it takes ages to regenerate the stats. I don't think I got above 5 vitality all up by the end. :? A lot less than the other stats. It finishes at 6 hours, 13 minutes and 22 seconds, but a big chunk of that is sleep time. It could probably be done in maybe a third or a half of that time

Anyway for anyone else having a read, it's a game of Conflux III played with the Maleficent guild to the secret Maleficent guild ending which is pretty hard to get to.

And one question, I remember reading somewhere that the maleficent guild coin always comes up heads. So what happens at that place in the giggler games where you need five heads in a row? I think I did this once before with a regular game but nothing seemed to happen.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

The playback worked great.
There is one spot where a
warning "Infinite Teleportation"
appears. Is Zyx aware of this?
It occurs at 7(8,11) and interrupts
the playback so that the playback
requires human intervention to
proceed. I'd like to fix this so that
it can serve as a kind of background
or 'screensaver' sort of thing that
runs and repeats itself when finished.
It uses negligible resources.

Can we publish your movie? I'd
like to take out all the saves to
make it a bit cleaner. There were
90 save/restarts and uncounted
saves. Is this OK?

If we publish it, it would be really
nice to have a comentary to go with
it. An outline of the steps in the quest.
A log of the journey. Something like
that. Could someone with writing skills
produce such a thing?